Ampersand ends post

Started by Laura Hunt, Sat 08/02/2020 07:22:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura Hunt

I just posted something and noticed that if I use the ampersand symbol, it's taken as an EOF marker or something.

If I write "clicks and cuts", no problem.

But see what happens if I use the ampersand instead and write "clicks & cuts"...

Edit: interesting, so it does get displayed when I publish the post, but it's not showing in the preview. If I hit Preview while I'm editing the post, everthing after the ampersand gets cut off.

Care to take a look, AGA?

AGA

That's a bug in the core SMF software, and honestly it's not important enough for me to waste time digging into the hugely complicated logic involved in parsing posts (hundreds of lines of code...).  Sorry, but you'll have to live with it!

eri0o

From what I can tell the bug is reported here:
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/5195

Spoiler
Image from the bug report above:

[close]

I read the issue, it's marked with "has fix" but I think it's only applied on a future unreleased version of it. It's fixed on a Release Candidate version from 2019. Because it's a RC, it could fix this bug at the expense of new bugs...

I noticed the bug before when I tried to link up an external file and it had & in the link url as item separators. Since then, I started versioning my "BBCode READMEs" for the modules and plug-ins.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk