Ahoy there!

Started by Snake, Sat 14/12/2019 21:31:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

Some of you may remember me. It's been such a long time since I've been here on the forums... 4 to 5 years, maybe? I don't remember. I released a game a long time ago (Castle of Fire) and a demo adventure game (Matt to the Future). Some of you may even remember big promises of a little adventure called, "The Legend of Leitor's Edge" (one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, as someone once stated haha), that was me.

It's great to see this place is still hopping with many great people, conversations and tons of adventures being released. Does Chris Jones make any appearances now and then?

I just wanted to pop in and say hello and hopefully be an active member as I once was.

I can't say I've got a lot of spare time on my hands, I work a ton, but what I have I'd like to spend some of it here. My wife and I are separated, been so since the beginning of the year, and divorcing eventually, but we are very civil and still remain best friends as we always were. It's a little bitter sweet, I suppose, but it was mutual.
That's about it for anything substantial. I love my job and life in general.

I can't wait to rejoin this community, I can't believe it's been so long.

Best regards,

--SNaKe

PS
I may or may not change my forum name. I'm considering it.
PSS
Any single nerd-ladies out there? You seem to be a rare pokemon...
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Kweepa

First Neil Dnuma, then Snake!
Welcome back to the forums! (Sorry about the circumstances that brought you back...)
Chris doesn't really post much any more since he quit developing the engine.
Looking forward to seeing what you produce :)
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Kastchey

I'll always remember The Leitor's Edge. It influenced me much back in my early days here, even though I haven't seen anything past screenshots... or an early demo? Was there an early demo that was basically an intro sequence, or am I confusing something? Anyway, welcome back!

Stupot

Welcome back Snake. Has it really been that long? Damn.

Hope to see you around a bit more. This place is still a daily visit for me but I don't post anywhere near as much as I once did.

Cyrus

Welcome back, Snake!  :grin: I absolutely loved the idea of Leitor's Edge back then (and still do) because its concept reminds me of those Choose Your Own Adventure books from my childhood. Are you considering it abandoned, or are you still hoping to finish it someday?

ManicMatt

I remember you, and your avatar!

Wow, since you last posted regulary in 2016, I made a whole game and I'm working on another one! So the last game you might have known to be made by me, if at all, was Limbo the Adventure game, which shows how far my graphical skills have come, although there was years of inactivity! (Limbo is now renamed to Heaven, Hell and the neitherworld to avoid confusion with the other game that beat me to it.)

Matti

Ahoy Snake, and welcome back!  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk