Why my .avi video is not working on my .exe file?

Started by fancasopedia, Wed 29/01/2020 17:10:20

Previous topic - Next topic

fancasopedia

Hello, I want to add cinematic to my game.
Code: ags

PlayVideo("cinematic.avi",eVideoSkipEscKey, 0);

When I do that in my room_Load() function it is working. But I compiled my game(F7) and tried to execute my game on Compiled folder, but it did not worked. :( Just black screen and audio coming from the .avi file. It is really urgent, please help me. Thank you guys :)

Note: My cinematic.avi file is in the Compiled/Windows folder.
Note: I launched my game on 1280X720(which is the default resolution for our game) the cinematic is played nicely. Then the problem is, why it is not working correctyl in full screen?

Note: I turned .avi to .ogv, and carried into main folder, the problem is solved. Stay tuned for the demo our game :)

Gilbert

I'm not certain about details, but as far as I remember with AVI files the engine just uses DirectPlay (or whatever name M$ is using for the function in Windows), which depends on a lot of things such as whether you have the appropriate drivers installed or configurated, whether the graphics are accelerated, whether the game is run windowed or in fullscreen, etc. With OGG video files, however, the engine uses an internal player to play it so if you can see the screen of an AGS game you can see the movie.

morganw

I think that room_Load is before the room has faded in too, and someone else had already found that it caused playback issues under some circumstances. If you play it after the room has faded in, do you have the same issue?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk