Neos Aires 2070: Sunday Comes First

Started by doctorhibert, Sun 12/04/2020 03:23:53

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorhibert

2070 AD, Neos Aires. A city without government or sovereignty, with no official owner, but not a city without law. In this island, the Neos Aires P.D. works hard to keep law and order in the grimy streets of the city. Brave police officers give their lives to protect the citizens from the criminals hiding in the darkness.

You, however, are not one of them. Meet officer Rick Ki: ex soldier/janitor of the feared mercenary fortress and craft cocktail bar OUTER HEAVEN, and currently on loan to the city's police department after accidentally vaporizing an entire building while saving a cat in the mainland.

Yet what should be a boring posting guarding the file room quickly turns into the exact opposite, when Rick is called as an expert investigator in the case of the theft of "Big Pear's Hands"; A massive pair of diamonds stolen by the fortress' commander he technically used to guard. It is said that they hold hold the key to unlocking Outer Heaven's treasure hidden away by Big Pear himself, though Rick knows these are only rumors

Put yourself in Rick's shoes and discover the secret of Big Pear's Hands in NEOS AIRES 2070: SUNDAY COMES FIRST

Links:
https://peronjames.itch.io/sunday-comes-first
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2430-neos-aires-2070-sunday-comes-first

doctorhibert

So, the game I've been annoying the Beginners' Technical Questions forum about for years is finally out in english. It took a while, mostly because of my own incompetence and laziness, but it's actually done now.

I'm not a particularly good coder, and I want to thank AGS for allowing me to actually make a game by virtue of being so simple to work with, even for beginners. More importantly, I want to thank the Beginners' Technical Questions forum for putting up with all my stupid questions, and helping me get the game done; I seriously could not have done it without you guys.

I hope you guys can enjoy my game, and maybe have a few laughs. Hopefully it holds up to AGS standards!

TheFrighter

Cool one, Doctorhibert!  ;)

(Still, a lot of games are inspired by the classic Blade Runner... Hope will see something different in future  :-[)
_

Racoon

Wow, that looks awesome! The pixelart in the video is absolutely beautiful. I am gonna try it right away :)

Racoon

Hm, I could not finish the game because it crashed.
Spoiler
At the scene where the police director is lying on the floor
[close]
Is somebody else also having that problem?

doctorhibert

Quote from: Racoon on Mon 13/04/2020 00:01:05
Spoiler
[close]

That's the end of the game, you just missed the credits. I've heard from this bug from one other person, and have been able to replicate it, though I don't know how. I really have no idea what's causing it. I'll attach the .dmp file they sent me in case anyone wants to take a look

http://www.mediafire.com/file/id4tfxqs107k922/CrashInfo.3.4.1.15.dmp/file

Shadow1000

Awesome art and some cool ideas!

Spoiler
more of a story than a game
[close]
but entertaining nonetheless. Once completed, I did get the credits with no crash.

Deabriel

I didn't have time to play it yet but I noticed that you wrote Big Pear's Hands, you referred to Peron's Hands? Because Pear is the fruit.

PD: The graphics look cool

doctorhibert

Quote from: Deabriel on Tue 14/04/2020 01:38:19
I didn't have time to play it yet but I noticed that you wrote Big Pear's Hands, you referred to Peron's Hands? Because Pear is the fruit.

PD: The graphics look cool

Perón means Big Pear

Racoon

Quote from: doctorhibert on Mon 13/04/2020 02:48:15
Quote from: Racoon on Mon 13/04/2020 00:01:05
Spoiler
[close]

That's the end of the game, you just missed the credits. I've heard from this bug from one other person, and have been able to replicate it, though I don't know how. I really have no idea what's causing it. I'll attach the .dmp file they sent me in case anyone wants to take a look

http://www.mediafire.com/file/id4tfxqs107k922/CrashInfo.3.4.1.15.dmp/file

Ah okay, then I am glad I missed nothing :) I enjoyed the game, it had a nice humor. Thanks for making it!
Spoiler
It felt a little fast paced at times though. I wish there was more detective work or puzzles. But maybe if there is going to be a Part2? I really liked the Robot Character.
[close]

Deabriel

Quote from: doctorhibert on Wed 15/04/2020 04:12:56
Perón means Big Pear
But you are talking about Juan Domingo Perón, right? I mean, if you are talking about a person (name/surname) you can't translate it to big pear (And I know the translation of his name that some made, but it's wrong, it's more like a meme).

But it's just a suggestion, an opinion, finally is your game and you can use whatever name you want hahaha

Pd: Today I will download and play it

javixblack

Quote from: Deabriel on Wed 15/04/2020 21:10:19
Quote from: doctorhibert on Wed 15/04/2020 04:12:56
Perón means Big Pear
But you are talking about Juan Domingo Perón, right? I mean, if you are talking about a person (name/surname) you can't translate it to big pear (And I know the translation of his name that some made, but it's wrong, it's more like a meme).

But it's just a suggestion, an opinion, finally is your game and you can use whatever name you want hahaha

Pd: Today I will download and play it

The joke is "chin" (in english) is "pera" or "mentón" in spanish. But, "pera" (in spanish) means "chin" AND "pear". So, Perón is obviously a last name, but if you analize the word, it means "el de pera grande/el de la gran pera" (the big pear/chin's one). So... he want to take "pera" as "pear" and not as "chin"

Deabriel

Quote from: javixblack on Wed 15/04/2020 21:36:44
The joke is "chin" (in english) is "pera" or "mentón" in spanish. But, "pera" (in spanish) means "chin" AND "pear". So, Perón is obviously a last name, but if you analize the word, it means "el de pera grande/el de la gran pera" (the big pear/chin's one). So... he want to take "pera" as "pear" and not as "chin"
Well, see it in that way is more reasonable. I get the point of that now hahaha

glurex

Quote from: Deabriel on Wed 15/04/2020 22:10:17
Quote from: javixblack on Wed 15/04/2020 21:36:44
Well, see it in that way is more reasonable. I get the point of that now hahaha

John Sunday Bigpear (?) haha

heltenjon

I played this tonight. I was a bit worried when I accessed the tutorial a second time and had to quit the entire game to leave it.  (laugh) But the rest of the game plays out all right. There seems to be loads of technical detective work, but it quickly turns out it's just for show.
Spoiler
The guy takes his own fingerprints!
[close]
Fine Blade Runner-like graphics and atmosphere.

There is very little gameplay here, it's mostly a humoruos telling of a story. I couldn't find a save system, but didn't really need it anyway, as the game turns out to be a lot shorter then the first impression indicates.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk