Perceptions

Started by Slasher, Wed 01/07/2020 04:11:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Made for June's 2020 Mag 'Outside'

Perceptions

Based on scientific fact and some conjecture....

320 X 200 resolution.

Most people perceive they live in a world they believe to be reality.Their perceptions dictate the reality they experience. Perceptions of reality have been instilled since birth, unable to venture from their perceived reality through human consciousness.

We are eternal free spirits, free to roam space without time. To perceive the reality of the outside you must change your perceptions of reality, for you are god.

A simple test of your perceptions may take you to the next level of human consciousness (Multiple choice quiz). Open your mind to the field of possibilities..

Solve some mathematical conundrum questions. (Difficulty: quite hard)

Finally, you may have a chance to create you own reality universe in which you can print out and frame... (Create your own reality universe of stars, mists, planets and other heavenly bodies).

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2453-perceptions/

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2453-perceptions/

Khris

The "quiz" is interesting, just don't expect any science. I'll leave it at that.

Regarding the first maths puzzle, which I've seen variations of passed around on WhatsApp:
Spoiler
The key to solving these is usually to find some barely visible gotcha along the lines of two images who look the same on first glance actually having a subtle difference. This doesn't seem to be the case here though, although maybe I've missed something. (I also find it fascinating that 5th grade math is apparently all the rage among bored boomers :-D)

Anyway, it seems to me that this puzzle doesn't have a unique solution, because according to my calculations, comet + asteroid(?) = 5, but there's no way to figure out whether it's 1 + 4, or 2 + 3, or -642 + 647.
[close]
Solution (spoiler!):
Spoiler
I simply guessed 16 as the final result (10 + 3 x 2) and that was apparently a pretty lucky guess because it was correct, I assume?
[close]

Slasher

Hi Khris

Well, much of the quiz is conjecture... It's about opening your mind to the field of possibilities..

The math's puzzles do have logical answers and have been explained on Youtube...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk