UltimaLatinVII--DEMO--FanGame

Started by BowsetteGamer, Sun 05/02/2023 10:04:30

Previous topic - Next topic

BowsetteGamer

Hello everyone, how are you?, today I bring you a game that I have created, it is an adventure, fantasy, rpg, it is a DEMO, but it is stable, however, any problem, doubt or suggestion please let me know or send me an email, I will be with you Thank you, this is my email:

bowsettearchangel24@gmail.com

The game is completely in Spanish, however I will be making constant updates, currently I have problems uploading the images to the game, can someone tell me how to upload the images? I get an error, that it is not possible to upload the image and it redirects me to the game . These are the images:

Important: Under no circumstances remove the files, both .exe and .dat, keep them in the "UltimaLatinDemo" Folder as this will cause errors to the game, for a better experience run U7launcher.exe, if you want a quick game run UltimaLatinv1.0 .exe
But I highly recommend you to run U7launcher.exe and tell me how you liked the game, any suggestions or bugs in the game please tell me

A hug and I hope you enjoy the game, later I will add updates, any questions please ask

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2659-ultimalatin-demo-fangame/

Social networks:
Youtube Channel: AndersonArchangel
Discord: Archangel Anderson #4046
GameJolt: gamejolt.com/invite/BlackGirlGames
Adventure Game Studio: Bowsette Gamer
Gmail (Email): BowsetteArchangel24gmail.com

//Support me with a cup of Coffee//
PayPal:
https://paypal.me/BowsetteGamerAGS?country.x=VE&locale.x=es_XC

paypalme/BowsetteGamerAGS

heltenjon

This looks promising. I'm neither fluent in Spanish nor an avid rpg-player, but I tried out the demo nonetheless. I talked to the people in the village, grabbed everything I could, which seems a bit odd...I could take bread and food from people's tables.

Outside of the village, I managed to rid the area surrounding a farm for pests, and I suspect I'm supposed to sell the snake skins to the apothecary later on, but I couldn't find a way to do it now. What I first thought was a spear or an arrow, I now think is a pen - I could use it to read a book in the Church/temple, otherwise I have found no use for it.

I discovered by trial and error that some keys have uses - I brings up the inventory, though I don't know if anything can be used yet except eating the food. V brings up a magic screen? Potion screen? And S brings up a place to rest, save the game and view stats. These stats ought to be visible somehow, if you can find a way to do it. I had no idea about my character's strength or stamina left and was killed by anything stronger than a skeleton. (Could be I'm just useless at this, or that I missed a vital clue in Spanish.)

Does the demo have a goal or a scripted ending?

I would like some instructions early on about which keys to use. (I apologize if it's there, but I haven't noticed.) I'll also recommend using graphic displays of the stats and have them be visible at all times, if you can pull it off. And I hope for an English version eventually, after you have finished the Spanish version.

Edit: Found the instructions about the I, V and S keys in the launcher, on one of the buttons I did not press the first time.
I also tried the pacifist approach to be able to view the whole area in the demo, and I managed to upset the gods enough to get -8 at Gods approval, but I have no idea what I did to upset them.  ???

BowsetteGamer

Game instructions:
The "C" key opens the magic list
-The first is healing
- The second you must have some points of divine favor to heal you but when they do your life is at 400% or 700%
-The third is a divine attack magic //In the DEMO version it is not available
- The fourth is a deadly attack magic //In the DEMO version it is not available

The "I" key opens the inventory, in the inventory select the objects that you have or that the creatures give you, if it is a creature object you must search the city and use the inventory on the NPCs, if it is food use it on your character, leaves and books increase your level of healing magic (use that item on your character)

The "S" key opens the Status of the character, level, life, health, hunger, magic level, magic, How much money (Tokens) do you have. And save/load game.

To go to the caves you must have the interact mode activated and select in the caves.

The shovel (IN THE DEMO VERSION) works with the piles of sand in the mermaids' lagoon, this will unearth a shovel that when you interact with it you will go to the sanctuary. How to use the shovel, Take the shovel from the city, interact with the shovel in your inventory, use the shovel on the sand pile

//THE NECKLACE WITH WHICH THE CHARACTER BEGINS//
At this point you must go exactly where the character is shown and use the cursor mode to talk to the inventory object (which in this case is the necklace), done this.

A portal will open that will take you to Eden, where there is more food (INTERACT WITH THE TREES), and a character that will accompany you on your adventure, which is the fairy "Mai"

/As the fairy will accompany you on your adventure/
You must go down to the cave interacting with the rope

Then interact with the lever

Some stairs will open use the interact mode again

Now go exploring until you find the "Gem of Destiny", interact with it and it will appear in your inventory, Now go out the way you came, in some places you will only have to walk to where the exit is, while in the places where you have gone down ropes (for example the rope in the cave), you will have to interact with the rope again to return to the surface

Use the "Gem of Destiny" on Mai and she will accompany you; What does she do; Heals your wounds and reduces your hunger level. Press the 7 key for her to heal you. You must feed her, she eats Apples, Mushrooms and Honey, use look mode and click on her to open her Status.

///ATTACK ENEMIES///
FIRST OF ALL ALWAYS WATCH YOUR LIFE, SOME ENEMIES ARE STRONGER THAN OTHERS, YOU DO THIS BY PRESSING THE "S" KEY AND PRESSING THE "ATTRIBUTES" BUTTON, ALWAYS USE HEALING MAGIC AT ALL TIMES.
YOU CAN MAKE A HEALING COMBO USING THE HEALING MAGIC THAT THE CHARACTERS HAVE AND PRESSING THE 7 KEY (ALWAYS AND WHEN MAI FOLLOWS YOU), IF YOU HAVE DIVINE FAVOR POINTS USE MAGIC 2 IN THE MAGIC LIST TO HEAL A HIGH LEVEL OF LIFE
To attack use the interact mode and click on the creature, continue clicking until the creature dies (watch the life level always), when it dies it will give you some objects that you can use for yourself or sell it in the city just use the item on the NPCs. I recommend that before attacking, you buy food and potions that cure your hunger level, so you can heal yourself and feed Mai, and she will continue to heal you.

//BUY FROM NPCs//
Use the talk mode, and you will get a sale in which you can choose what food you want to buy, it will appear in your inventory. In the blacksmith they can sell you keys that you will use for the chests, they cost 200 tokens, these chests contain the pages, so that when you use it on your character, the healing level will rise (To use the key, interact with it in the inventory, then in the chest )
A GREAT PART OF THE GAME IS USED A LOT OF THE INTERACT MODE, BOTH TO ATTACK AND TO OPEN DOORS, ACTIVATE LEVERS, USE THE SHOVEL TO THEN DIG UP THINGS, AMONG OTHER FUNCTIONS OF THE GAME

BowsetteGamer

Quote from: heltenjon on Sun 05/02/2023 19:36:37This looks promising. I'm neither fluent in Spanish nor an avid rpg-player, but I tried out the demo nonetheless. I talked to the people in the village, grabbed everything I could, which seems a bit odd...I could take bread and food from people's tables.

Outside of the village, I managed to rid the area surrounding a farm for pests, and I suspect I'm supposed to sell the snake skins to the apothecary later on, but I couldn't find a way to do it now. What I first thought was a spear or an arrow, I now think is a pen - I could use it to read a book in the Church/temple, otherwise I have found no use for it.

I discovered by trial and error that some keys have uses - I brings up the inventory, though I don't know if anything can be used yet except eating the food. V brings up a magic screen? Potion screen? And S brings up a place to rest, save the game and view stats. These stats ought to be visible somehow, if you can find a way to do it. I had no idea about my character's strength or stamina left and was killed by anything stronger than a skeleton. (Could be I'm just useless at this, or that I missed a vital clue in Spanish.)

Does the demo have a goal or a scripted ending?

I would like some instructions early on about which keys to use. (I apologize if it's there, but I haven't noticed.) I'll also recommend using graphic displays of the stats and have them be visible at all times, if you can pull it off. And I hope for an English version eventually, after you have finished the Spanish version.

Edit: Found the instructions about the I, V and S keys in the launcher, on one of the buttons I did not press the first time.
I also tried the pacifist approach to be able to view the whole area in the demo, and I managed to upset the gods enough to get -8 at Gods approval, but I have no idea what I did to upset them.  ???

Hello, thank you very much for trying my game, I will answer your questions; The thing about taking everything in the game, food, gold and potions, is because it is the city where the player starts and for that reason it must be simple, you can take the things you want, later I will add more cities where it will not be like that, Jamestown is the exception because it is the city where the player starts

the objects that the creatures give you are sold in the city using the object in the NPCs, some will buy it from you, others will not tell you anything

inventory items, all usable, have functions that are used on the character, partner ally or NPC

Regarding the visibility of the statistics, in the next update you will see them, thanks for suggesting it
The game is designed so that it has many missions, both primary and secondary, and the missions can be carried out again, however in the DEMO it only has 2 missions at the moment
Regarding bothering the gods, it is because you entered a bakery and took the flour from the baker, the baker buys it if an enemy gives you an object and the object is flour, you can go to the baker and sell it to him, in another city you can buy flour cheaply and sell it to the baker

There are items that you can take without penalty such as food, gold and potions, but there are others that you cannot and will affect the divine favor points in the game.

If you have more suggestions please tell me I'll be grateful and thank you for trying my game, can you answer me some questions?

The option to save and load status, did it work for you, did you have any errors with it?
Did you notice a programming error in the game?
Did you like the intro that is in "UltimaLauncher.Exe"? pressing the power button on the monitor
Did the game work for you without errors in it?

Manu

I think you did an incredible job here. Congratulations! I'm a fan of Ultima VII, so I greatly appreciate this.
I just tried it for a few minutes, I promise I'll play it more, but in the meantime, I can give you a few usability feedbacks:
- when you click "interact" with an object, it would be nice if the character walks there automatically. Now you have to walk there and then interact. It's a bit annoying
- the icon for "interact" is "combat". It would be better to use a generic cursor (and maybe switch it to a combat icon when you are on top of an enemy)
- the Esc key typically opens a settings GUI or the quit game GUI. I think the users expect that
It would be very nice if the object's name is shown in a display bar when you are with the mouse on it. This will be useful for identifying objects you can interact with

I'll give you more feedback when I have tried it more. Again, congratulations!

BowsetteGamer

Quote from: Manu on Mon 06/02/2023 08:58:06I think you did an incredible job here. Congratulations! I'm a fan of Ultima VII, so I greatly appreciate this.
I just tried it for a few minutes, I promise I'll play it more, but in the meantime, I can give you a few usability feedbacks:
- when you click "interact" with an object, it would be nice if the character walks there automatically. Now you have to walk there and then interact. It's a bit annoying
- the icon for "interact" is "combat". It would be better to use a generic cursor (and maybe switch it to a combat icon when you are on top of an enemy)
- the Esc key typically opens a settings GUI or the quit game GUI. I think the users expect that
It would be very nice if the object's name is shown in a display bar when you are with the mouse on it. This will be useful for identifying objects you can interact with

I'll give you more feedback when I have tried it more. Again, congratulations!

Hello, Thank you very much for trying my game and commenting on your experience and suggestions. I'm glad you liked it. I really like your suggestions, but there are things you should know:
Objects such as; Gold, food, Potions, shovel, pickaxe, quest items, books, among others. You don't necessarily have to walk towards them, you can take it even if you don't walk there. I did it like this because in the Ultima VII that we all know there are objects that the stage hides, you can't get to them or our character can't walk towards them. The opposite of what happens in the game that I designed, where if walking is required it is a matter of levers or Excavation, but that is in automatic mode.
Regarding the interact icon that also serves to combat, I actually merged them, so that it has an easier gameplay for the player, because imagine playing with 9 or 12 cursor modes, even so I like the idea of placing a combat icon over the enemy.
I will take all your suggestions and add them in the next update of the game. Thank you very much for notifying me.

Manu

Quote from: BowsetteGamer on Mon 06/02/2023 11:17:25Objects such as; Gold, food, Potions, shovel, pickaxe, quest items, books, among others. You don't necessarily have to walk towards them, you can take it even if you don't walk there.
Collecting gold/good/potions that are very far from the player, without the player moving, according to me is a bit strange (unless it's telekinesis). Anyway, if this is a precise choice, who am I to discuss :)

Quote from: BowsetteGamer on Mon 06/02/2023 11:17:25Regarding the interact icon that also serves to combat, I actually merged them, so that it has an easier gameplay for the player, because imagine playing with 9 or 12 cursor modes, even so I like the idea of placing a combat icon over the enemy.
I will take all your suggestions and add them in the next update of the game. Thank you very much for notifying me.
Yes, I understand the cursors icons were merged. What I'm saying is that the default image should not be a sword, otherwise the impression of the player is that he is attacking all objects. You could use a generic icon like a "hand" to represent the action. But when the cursor is on top of an enemy, the hand can become a sword. Just a suggestion.
Best!

BowsetteGamer

Quote from: Manu on Mon 06/02/2023 14:29:55Yes, I understand the cursors icons were merged. What I'm saying is that the default image should not be a sword, otherwise the impression of the player is that he is attacking all objects. You could use a generic icon like a "hand" to represent the action. But when the cursor is on top of an enemy, the hand can become a sword. Just a suggestion.
Best!

Of course I understand, I actually like your suggestions, I already designed the GUI of life/health/hunger, I will be adding it in the next update.

xboxown

I tried to download the file to test it. It says virus detected. Whoever downloaded this archive got his or her computer infected with a virus.

BowsetteGamer

Quote from: xboxown on Wed 08/02/2023 18:32:44I tried to download the file to test it. It says virus detected. Whoever downloaded this archive got his or her computer infected with a virus.
Hello how are you? I just saw your message. My PC does not have viruses of any kind, it is up-to-date and I do not frequent malicious pages and therefore I do not download anything that does not come from official pages. Can you tell me what kind of virus it is? because in the games of other creators that I have downloaded, I also get viruses, to be more exact Trojans, I scan them with Virustotal. and that has happened to me in all the games that I have downloaded in AGS, that whenever I scan them it tells me that there are viruses.
I assure you that I have no Virus. My pc works normally and I always have it updated, tell me which virus is the one that the antivirus throws at you?

BowsetteGamer

I am taking your case into account and analyze my game, the image you see shows that the antivirus does not have any malware problems

BowsetteGamer

you can play my game without problems, maybe the virus is in your PC or it is a false positive from the antivirus. Here's a link to the research I did, apparently from what I've read the antivirus takes AGS as a false positive.

The following quoted text was written by Crimson Wizard:
 "AGS has been known for false virus alerts for years. I had a guess that the reason is that it appends game data to exe file. This means that it constantly opens exe file for reading. Antiviruses probably don't like it. Sometimes they may slow it down, because each time it reads some game data, AV would halt it for another check.

If that's the case, then the solution would be to not attach game data to the engine exe, and instead distribute game as a separate engine exe (renamed to game's title) and *.ags file with game data in it. Such option was added since 3.5.1 and called "Attach game data to exe (Windows only)", and located in General Settings -> Compiler section. Perhaps you could try this and see if these alerts go away.

PS. I also wonder why did not i make it default to not attach since 3.5.1. Probably no one noticed that this option even exists. "

The full link to the forum is here, in case you're interested
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/advanced-technical-forum/virus-alert/msg636648929/#msg636648929

BowsetteGamer

I also take this opportunity to comment that the next update of the game is almost ready, it will still take a while but I am adding many more things to the game, for this reason I have not reviewed many of the game forums. But any doubt, suggestion or error that you find, you can write me by email. I'll be very greatful
bowsettearchangel24@gmail.com

xboxown

I guess it was a false alarm. That being said, the game have potential however it is not an English game. Sadly, that is not going to work for me. I like the concept though.

BowsetteGamer

Quote from: xboxown on Fri 24/02/2023 02:15:35I guess it was a false alarm. That being said, the game have potential however it is not an English game. Sadly, that is not going to work for me. I like the concept though.
Later I will make an English version, but first I have to add more content to the game. thanks for playing my game

glurex

The virus thing has been discused before, it's indeed a false positive (at least the majority of cases). I think I remeber that it has to do with the engine accesing to the .exe repeatedly (or something like that). From memory, one of the solutions is in General Settings>>Compiler set "Attach game data to exe" FALSE. But sure Crimson Wizard knows more about it. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk