Fortnightly Writing Competition "ABSURDITY" Results

Started by Baron, Tue 23/06/2020 04:48:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinitrena

Quote from: Baron on Tue 28/07/2020 03:34:54
Weirdest plot: (...)  Sinitrena's story, on the other hand, suffered from a textbook case of plot collapse in a classic Baronesque manner.  While it was entertaining to watch the train wreck unfolding, I can't in good conscience label it a plot.

I'd like to point out that the plot never was about the conference of wish-fulfiling entities; the plot was about a frustrated author fighting with an unreasonable muse - which is a complete plot that does not just collapse, but comes to an actual end. It's kind of a meta-plot.  (nod) ;)

Though I wouldn't argue that Reiter had more of a substantial plot overall.

Congratulations to Reiter for winning this absurdity.

(I hope he shows up in the next few days to start a new round.)

Mandle

Baron

Quote from: Sinitrena on Tue 28/07/2020 04:15:34
a complete plot that does not just collapse, but comes to an actual end. It's kind of a meta-plot.  (nod) ;)

Most of my writing tends to suffer from an excess of meta-plot.  ;)

Sinitrena

Still no sign of Reiter. I'll give it a couple more hours, then I'll start a new round as the runner-up to keep our cozy little competition running.

But because I'm not actually the one who should decide on a new topic, if someone (no matter if you are a regular in the FWC or just happen to read this) would really like to see a specific topic and just never manages to win and therefore never gets the chance to set a topic, send me a PM in the next couple of hours and I'll see if there's something useful. Obviously, this offer is not so much meant for people who win somewhat regularly here. And if I get more than one suggestion, I reserve the right to decide which one I'll use. And don't worry, if nobody sees this or wants to set a topic, I have a backup.

Baron

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk