Visual Novel idea I'm thinking about making.

Started by Icey, Sun 01/11/2020 22:30:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

Hey all!

I know I like super rarely post anything I work on here because I haven't been too actively in game development due to doing videos nowadays.
But I always have an itch to do up something and recently my fans have motivated me to consider making a visual novel.

While my plan is most likely to switch to Unity down the line so I can probs get it on console, I think for now I may return to what I know (AGS) to pull a little demo together!
What you see in this video is all done in After Effects, but I'll make sure the next time I show it off here it'll be something playable in built in AGS.

For now, check out the video.

Mandle

Looks like you have captured a pretty slick and professional-looking visual novel style here. Not my cup of tea, but what you have here looks to me like it would sell to the VN crowd quite well.

Icey

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 02/11/2020 00:26:32
Looks like you have captured a pretty slick and professional-looking visual novel style here. Not my cup of tea, but what you have here looks to me like it would sell to the VN crowd quite well.

Thanks mate!
I'll be honest and say that I haven't play many visual novel games. They're interesting for the story, but the seem to be a bit slow for my taste. So, what I've been looking into a way to balance things out with something that's a little more up my alley by seeing how games like Persona 3-5 handle story telling. I don't know how much of this will be realized in the eventual AGS demo, but I'd like to have a bunch of mini-games and RPG elements to help spice things up and keep it interesting. That way, it's not just characters talking and telling stories.

Icey

Quote from: Nikolai Baker on Thu 12/11/2020 17:53:31
This is a very cool idea, thank you for sharing it and your success with us.

Thank you :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk