[SOLVED] how to force character direction?

Started by Blano, Thu 13/08/2020 13:53:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Blano

hi folks, i'm a user since last year but i've been putting ags in the drawer for a while .. but now here i am, again to ask for help from more experienced people than me.
I turn to the question, is there a way to skip empty loops in a walk cycle? If so, how? i need it for a isometric view game!!

thank you for your help
Blano

Slasher

Blano

Hello Slasher thx for your reply
, i would like to skip up down right and left loops to set visible just the oblique ones!

Slasher

Try just using Loops 4,5,6,7

In general settings may need to turn to false 'characters turn before walking' etc

Blano

Hello thank you again, i posted here pecause i tried yet to add to corresponding positions but cant see the Player moving with the missing positions

Slasher

I usually only take out loops 0 and 3.

set character loop in room load..

are you waking by mouse only?

Blano

Slasher

You need to disable keyboard walk commands..

In Game Start in Global
Code: ags

// set KeyboardMovement movement mode
KeyboardMovement.Mode = eKeyboardMovementModeNone;

Blano

hello again, i have just implemented the isowalk module from https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=50492.0thread but can't figure out where i make the mistake..

i get error from line 108 of the script :(108): Error (line 108): undefined symbol 'GetWalkableAreaAt', can you help me?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Blano on Fri 14/08/2020 09:51:20
i get error from line 108 of the script :(108): Error (line 108): undefined symbol 'GetWalkableAreaAt', can you help me?

In AGS 3.5.0 GetWalkableAreaAt was replaced with GetWalkableAreaAtScreen. There's also now GetWalkableAreaAtRoom which use room coordinates instead for convenience (and may be more usable if you are passing character's position there for example).

If you meet some functions in an old script module that no longer work, check "Upgrading from a previous version" topics in the manual, they usually contain tables of deprecated functions and new ones corresponding to these.

Blano

thank you all for your replies!
i don't know why my character disappear for few seconds in walk mode, any ideas? i set to false the "turn before walk in the character tab and in general settings"

EDIT
solved adding missing loops! thank you for your help!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk