[SOLVED] Confusion about savegames and room_Load

Started by guga2112, Fri 25/09/2020 09:45:21

Previous topic - Next topic

guga2112

Long story short: I had a room where I disabled a walkable area in room_Load, but I had a savegame (inside that room) where this didn't happen.

I thought it was a bug either in the savegame system (why hadn't the state of the walkable been saved?) or in the load system (why doesn't restoring the game call room_Load?).

It turned out it was neither of them, but the savegame was from an older build where the walkable had NOT been disabled beforehand. So the savegame system saved its state correctly (in that game, it was enabled). As for not calling room_Load, it's also correct, because otherwise it would run the "enter room" script every time you load a game, while in the savegame you already are in that room.

(Then I tried to delete the topic because I thought nobody had read/answered, but I was wrong.

Crimson Wizard

It's supposed to store all the current room status and restore it from the save. Need to test this to see why it does not.

At which point exactly do you save the game (what are walkable area states)?

guga2112

No, it was a savegame from a wrong game version where I forgot to turn off the second walkzone. Then I remembered, but the savegame saved the state. My fault, I'd like to delete this

Snarky

In general we prefer to let threads like this remain (and that you don't edit out all the info from them) because the next time someone experiences a similar problem, maybe they'll do a search, find the thread and realize they made the same mistake.

guga2112

Sorry, I was trying to remove everything before noticing someone had already answered. I'll restore the topic :)

Snarky

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk