Background Blitz: Idyllic (Open until: 23 November 2020)

Started by Jack, Sat 31/10/2020 15:06:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Idyllic: suitable for or suggestive of an idyll; charmingly simple or rustic.

Create a scene from paradise. Originality is encouraged, but a classic remains a classic.

Deadline: 23 November 2020

Voting:

Concept: Your background should tell us something about the place you have depicted.
Playability: Does it have clearly defined walkable areas, things to interact with, etc?
Artistic Execution: Does the image convey the wanted atmosphere? What's the feeling of the place?

Racoon

Here is my attempt at an idyllic place. Maybe I went a little over the top with the rainbow :D
Maybe this could be the startin screen for a story that leads to an adventure in a much darker place behind these mountains?

Jack

It's beautiful. Those mountains in particular are excellent.

Is it Holland?

Racoon

Thank you! I was watching a Bob Ross Tutorial recently and some of it stuck.
Holland is a really flat country, so that seems unlikely :D Its just a fantasy place.

Blondbraid

Jack

I think this is not your usual style, but it works. The shadows are my favourite, they feel right.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Jack on Thu 05/11/2020 17:19:56
I think this is not your usual style, but it works. The shadows are my favourite, they feel right.
Thanks, I'm glad testing new color combos paid off!

blur

Concept: Blondbraid
Playability: Blondbraid
Artistic Execution: Racoon

blur

Sinitrena

We just vote and someone neutral declares a winner in a few days?

Concept: Racoon

I can do the tally in three or for days, if you all want me to.
Let's say: Voting until 10. December?

blur

Quote from: Sinitrena on Sun 06/12/2020 21:06:40
We just vote and someone neutral declares a winner in a few days?
Voting until 10. December?
Yes, please. (nod)

Cassiebsg

Concept: Racoon
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

lorenzo

I didn't know Jack was banned, as I don't usually follow political threads. That's sad, he always made some interesting 3D renderings for the contest. I'll miss seeing his backgrounds here.

My votes:

Concept: Racoon. A very nice, relaxing scene.
Playability: Blondbraid. A good camera angle to have the character walk around and plenty of things to interact with.
Artistic Execution: Racoon. I especially like the way you did those mountains.

Sinitrena

As the acting competition administrator (a power instilled in me by blur - that's random), I hereby declare this voting process over.

Despite some irregularities in the execution of this election, we have a fairly clear winner:
100 % of voters agreed on giving the Playability category to Blondbraid and 100 % agreed to give the Artistic Execution to Racoon. Only in the Concept category, voters were not in total agreement. That's a surprisingly uniformous vote.

And with that we have the final results of 7 points for Racoon and 5 points for Blondbraid.

Racoon is our winner with their lovely scene of sunflowers, mountains and a mill.

Congratulations!
It's your job to start the next round.

Racoon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk