A treasure in town - Preview

Started by fratello Manu, Sat 05/12/2020 15:15:51

Previous topic - Next topic

fratello Manu

Hi everyone! Just a little preview of a retro-style game I'm developing
I know it will take me quite a lot of time, but at least the "core engine" is ready. Now I just need to go on with the plot!

Since I'm a musician and software developer, I decided to look for a way to quiclky realize the graphics. So I start using some open source resources from OpenGameArt.org, making backgrounds with tile art. All the characters are created with a online character generator by sanderfrenken. Most of the assets are part of the LPC collection (Liberated Pixel Cup) on OpenGameArt.org
Screen resolution is 800 x 450 and I will release the game for Windows and Linux (...and possibly Android, with slighly different viewport and UI)

The adventure is about a dead pirate who comes back to life at present days. He wants to get back his treasure, but the place he was living in is now totally different!
I decided to add a bit of action, not usual in adventure games, so I developed also a "battle system".

Music from OpenGameArt.org:
Battle theme A by cynicmusic
Heroic Demise by Matthew Pablo

Have a nice day!  8-)

Darth Mandarb

Is this being made with AGS?

Also; please review the forum rules and update your post accordingly (two in game screenshots and some details about the game).

Good luck with the production!

fratello Manu

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Sat 05/12/2020 16:46:40
Is this being made with AGS?

Also; please review the forum rules and update your post accordingly (two in game screenshots and some details about the game).

Good luck with the production!

Sorry about that! I'll edit the post as soon as possible. Yes, made with AGS, of course!
Bye!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk