Author Topic: The Adventures of The Black Hawk  (Read 3305 times)

newwaveburritos

• Party Weekend
    • newwaveburritos worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: The Adventures of El Halcón Negro
« Reply #21 on: 31 Mar 2021, 21:12 »
I was just thinking about this game the other day so it's great to hear that progress is being made.  Keep up the good work!  I really dig the new screenshot.

Matti

« Reply #22 on: 01 Apr 2021, 11:40 »
Looking good!  :)

« Reply #23 on: 01 Apr 2021, 22:59 »
Nice graphics. I was surprised to hear a french theme song. Before reading the presentation, I assumed the hero was spanish since he looks a bit like Zorro and the game is developed in Spain.

Monsieur OUXX

• Mittens Vassal
  • Cavefish
  • Mittens Half Initiate
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with translating
    • I can help with voice acting
    • Monsieur OUXX worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Monsieur OUXX worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: The Adventures of The Black Hawk
« Reply #24 on: 06 Apr 2021, 12:21 »
Nice graphics. I was surprised to hear a french theme song. Before reading the presentation, I assumed the hero was spanish since he looks a bit like Zorro and the game is developed in Spain.

This is remotely inspired by "The black tulip" which was written by Alexandre Dumas (same as the 3 musketeers and Count of Monte Christo). Even though not massively famous, the original story and its character still had some success in Western Europe, there was a movie with Alain Delon and so on. Hence the French/Spanish vibe : The movie was mostly a French production but it's one of those things that are in the collective pop culture of non-English Europe. So much so that a Spanish team decided to make a game out of it.
And yes, he's like a French Zorro (preceding Zorro's creation by 70 years  ;) ). You could also say he's like a French Scarlett Pimpernel (except the Scarlett Pimpernel is ultra-royalist bullshit  :P ).

In conclusion : This is a very cool project inspired by an underrated main adventure character. And they changed it enough to make it their own. Win-win!  ;-D
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2021, 08:15 by Monsieur OUXX »

Re: The Adventures of The Black Hawk
« Reply #25 on: 06 Apr 2021, 15:32 »
Thank you very much for your words and explanation, Monsieur OUXX. It is just as Monsieur OUXX has said, who I know knows very well the movie and the book.