Market a game

Started by Peegee, Sun 13/02/2022 10:01:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Peegee

Good morning ! I started a game with this wonderful software, I would like to know to what extent a game can be marketed. How can I contact the authors to ask them the question? Thanks in advance. PG (roll)

fernewelten

Quote from: Peegee on Sun 13/02/2022 10:01:36
I started a game ... How can I contact the authors to ask them the question?

What do you mean by "started"?

If you mean that you started to play a game and want to contact the game authors: That would depend on the specific game, of course. If the game is indie, they probably have a website somewhere that will point out a method to contact the author(s), e.g., a Discord forum or an email address. If it has been published, I suppose it can't hurt to ask the publishing house whether they can provide a way to contact the authors.

If you mean that you've started to write a game yourself, then the building tool (the AGS) isn't the most important aspect in so far as marketing is concerned. No matter what your game is written with, the task of marketing a point & click adventure is more or less the same. If you do manage to find the golden recipe to get the word out and get thousands of gamers to download and play your game, do me a favour and disclose it in this forum.

Here's a first pointer that might start your search: https://howtomarketagame.com/
Some talks by the same author:

Peegee

Hello ! Thank you for your answer. In fact, that's not my request at all. I started to make an adventure game with AGS, on a little known license, which I own. I know that AGS is free but I thought I read somewhere (I don't remember where) that if you wanted to make a product to sell from Adventure Game Studio, you had to talk to the author of the software. There may be a point of law to clarify, a request for authorization, I don't know, I need to clarify all that. PG :)

Babar

AGS is open source software, there are no such requirements.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Crimson Wizard

AGS is licensed under "Artistic License", it's open-source, completely free to use, and no permission or fee is required for creating commercial games with it.

Peegee

OK it's noted ! Thank you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk