Enjoyed the paint-over

Started by jwalt, Wed 01/11/2023 01:41:27

Previous topic - Next topic

jwalt

I've been AWOL for a while. I had an idea for a RON game and downloaded the RON files. The old computer I had them on went belly up, so I had to find them once again. I was pleased to see that a couple of my 3D backgrounds made it into the folders.  :grin:  Whoever painted over them did a wonderful job, and I fully understand why the paint overs were necessary. My background for Scid's on the beach was the pits to try to do the walk behinds, and it looks like the 2D art paint over would be every bit as difficult. If I continue making progress with my idea, I'll post something about it.

Cassiebsg

Wecome back jwalt! :)
Looking forward to see what you've been cooking up. :D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

Hey! Welcome back stranger  ;-D

jwalt

Thanks. I'm making good progress on what I'm trying to do. May even be close to a demo, with the first three rooms. Previously, I thought I'd been using AGS 3.1? Maybe even 2.5? I'm impressed with 3.6! Seems to me a bunch of improvements, with much better "workflow." Thank you, Crimson and the gang!

A side question... In the RON resources, I can't find a boombox sprite that I'd used in Spoons III. I've figured out a workaround, but curious to know if something got left out of the current assets. Not having the boombox led to an additional quest in my game, so it's not all that bad.  :smiley:

Spoiler
I've even figured out a way to pull Roger and his room, from the BASS Template, into the full game.
[close]

RootBound

Quote from: jwalt on Thu 02/11/2023 14:10:22
Spoiler
I've even figured out a way to pull Roger and his room, from the BASS Template, into the full game.
[close]

Spoiler
I made "wizard Roger" and "TRON Roger" sprites a while back.
They are freely usable and on the forums Here if you're interested
[close]
They/them. Here are some of my games:

Renegade Implementor

Quote from: jwalt on Thu 02/11/2023 14:10:22A side question... In the RON resources, I can't find a boombox sprite that I'd used in Spoons III. I've figured out a workaround, but curious to know if something got left out of the current assets. Not having the boombox led to an additional quest in my game, so it's not all that bad.  :smiley:

I rechecked the Spoons 3 asset pack you'd sent and there's no boombox sprite, so that's why it didn't get added to the inv & object pack as I had no indication you'd wanted it included.  I'll see if I can't find it in-game and screengrab it.

Danvzare

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 01/11/2023 20:05:52Wecome back jwalt! :)
Looking forward to see what you've been cooking up. :D
Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 02/11/2023 08:52:40Hey! Welcome back stranger  ;-D

Now I feel ashamed for having never realized that jwalt hasn't been around in awhile.  :-[

I suppose it's better to be late than never though. So welcome back jwalt!  :-D

jwalt

Quote from: Renegade Implementor on Fri 03/11/2023 03:46:01I rechecked the Spoons 3 asset pack you'd sent and there's no boombox sprite, so that's why it didn't get added to the inv & object pack as I had no indication you'd wanted it included.  I'll see if I can't find it in-game and screengrab it.

It wasn't anything I drew; I'm not that talented. I might have snagged it out of one of the backgrounds? It shows up in one of the screen shots I posted in the game download screen. Don't waste time on this. It's not at all important, and I like the way the game laid out with my workaround. Think I'm making pretty good progress on what I'm working on. May even try for this month's MAGS.

jwalt

I'm still at it. Had a notion to do my intro screen:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/omoibrgpx9bn5y0/Wagu_Ogambo_2023-11-05_06-44-58.mp4/file

One of those XBox Game Bar captures.

Sadly, it's looking a lot more like an interactive movie, at this point, rather than a point and click game. That's been a problem, for me, in the past.

Cassiebsg

Don't worry too much if it's a movie or a game, you can always add "steps" to make it more game, or just release it as "interactive movie". :) It's fine...

jwalt

Another screen capture from my game:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jriunior7eicmg6/Wagu_Ogambo_2023-11-06_20-46-19.mp4/file

Keeping at it, and learning lots of things, along the way. Loving 3.6, and also surprised at how user friendly Mediafire now seems to be.

Cassiebsg

There seems to be the remaining of last Halloween... :D
And that bird... it gives me the goose bumps... the memories... I'm sure it can't be trusted!

jwalt

Been working on a MAGS game, using the RON assets. My game leaves Josh and Davy stranded in an alternate dimension, so, naturally, I began thinking about getting them back home, in a follow-up game. Shiny bauble syndrome. Instead of working on my MAGS entry, I've been messing with this:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6szoxemvhiwzxdy/mine001+2023-11-16+14-36-16.mp4/file

Obviously, not the RON they're looking for...

jwalt

Quote from: Renegade Implementor on Fri 03/11/2023 03:46:01
Quote from: jwalt on Thu 02/11/2023 14:10:22A side question... In the RON resources, I can't find a boombox sprite that I'd used in Spoons III. I've figured out a workaround, but curious to know if something got left out of the current assets. Not having the boombox led to an additional quest in my game, so it's not all that bad.  :smiley:

I rechecked the Spoons 3 asset pack you'd sent and there's no boombox sprite, so that's why it didn't get added to the inv & object pack as I had no indication you'd wanted it included.  I'll see if I can't find it in-game and screengrab it.

Spent some time this AM at your RON site, and I found that boombox tucked away in the resource folder. Don't need it but might find need for some of the other stuff, at some point in time. Also looked the RON timeline and game listings over. I'm not strictly adhering to the canon, I guess. My Nihilist, in Yathtzee Brand, evidently got blown up along the way. About ready to release the mess I've made.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk