Community > The Rumpus Room

Found footage horror movies

(1/5) > >>

Mouth for war:
I've been a horror geek ever since I was a kid so nothing really gets to me anymore.....except....yep you guessed it. Found footage movies!!! Well made FF movies beats the crap out of every "normal" horror movie IMO. I was wondering if there's anyone else here who enjoys those kind of movies and maybe have some gems to recommend that I might have missed? I can highly recommend The fear footage trilogy (Those movies really had me on edge) Hell house was also a superb movie (Also a trilogy but the first one was without a doubt the best and creepiest one) SO...keep 'em coming folks :D

Stupot:
I enjoy found footage too. I’m not going to be able to provide any obscure gems you don’t already know about but instead I’ll just say that my favourite found-footage film is [•REC]. That film was so well done and scared the crap out of me. I still love watching it today.

I also loved Cloverfield. That’s another film I can rewatch any time. It’s not so scary, but hella fun. It can be a bit too self-knowingly clever but that’s Bad Robot for you.

And of course there’s the Blair Witch Project. It’s been a while since I last saw that film but for me it’s still one of the best found footage films I’ve seen.

TheFrighter:

Well, Ruggero Deodato's Cannibal Holocaust (1980) is one of the early "found footage" horror movies. If you could find an uncensored version then it's an experience.

_

heltenjon:
I guess you've seen the Norwegian Trollhunter? From what I read, only Scandinavians seem to think it's a comedy.  ??? Good lost footage movie, anyways.

Mouth for war:
I saw the uncensored cannibal holocaust back in the 90's 😁 ohhh Trollhunter was amazing! Cloverfield was great too. I also enjoyed Grave encounters 1&2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version