Jibble

There is a new version of the forums ready for testing. Please post here if you're willing to help test! We could also use the help of coders!

Author Topic: AlphaBlock  (Read 3485 times)

Wiggy

• Mittens Serf
  • From the tropical north Queensland
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with translating
    • I can help with voice acting
Re: AlphaBlock
« Reply #20 on: 13 Nov 2021, 02:30 »
The download link on the AGS Games page delivers an empty box, hence it's been downloaded zero times. That's a shame because it's a great game that most users are missing out, and you can't even report the link as broken.

« Reply #21 on: 13 Nov 2021, 08:12 »
Naa, perhaps not. The link goes directly to itch.io, not to the completed games page

Wiggy

• Mittens Serf
  • From the tropical north Queensland
    • I can help with voice acting
« Reply #22 on: 13 Nov 2021, 12:56 »
Yes, the link on THIS page goes to itch, but if you go to AGS games you cannot get this game. If I was the author I'd want to correct that.

selmiak

• ǝsıɔɹǝxǝ ʞɔǝu puɐ uıɐɹq
    • I can help with web design
    • selmiak worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • selmiak worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #23 on: 23 Jan 2022, 20:24 »
any chance you compile the game for linux too?
It is just another checkbox in the general settings and uploading another folder

I will do that, Sir! I have no means of testing the game on Linux, which is why I did not include a Linux build. I hope it is as basic to install and run on Linux, though. There will be a Linux upload soon, stand by.

thanks, I finally managed to come around to it and did beat it. That was fun, though some puzzles were mean, but that is where the fun it :)

and I recorded that as longplay :)

« Reply #24 on: 24 Feb 2022, 10:03 »
I downloaded the game the other day and was enjoying it very much. However, I died at a particular point and the 'load game' dialogue came up but there were no saves to choose from even though I had saved the game several times before this point. Is this a bug or a feature?

« Reply #25 on: 23 Jul 2022, 10:53 »
Nice logic puzzles. I just wish a story was unveiled to reward my progress.

Spoiler: ShowHide
As in Selmiak's video, I got the normal ending after I drank coffee. The secluded room makes me wonder if there's a way out. Yet I haven't found anything to dig through the rubble or break the door down. By the end of the game, I only have 3 plastic eggs

I downloaded the game the other day and was enjoying it very much. However, I died at a particular point and the 'load game' dialogue came up but there were no saves to choose from even though I had saved the game several times before this point. Is this a bug or a feature?
The loading menu in the game over screen doesn't work. However when you die, you can restart and load your game from the title screen.
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2022, 10:55 by Creamy »

« Reply #26 on: 23 Jul 2022, 13:16 »
Nice logic puzzles. I just wish a story was unveiled to reward my progress.

As in Selmiak's video, I got the normal ending after I drank coffee. The secluded room makes me wonder if there's a way out. Yet I haven't found anything to dig through the rubble or break the door down. By the end of the game, I only have 3 plastic eggs

Ending/eggs:
There isn't a way out, Reiter says. That's just a hint to make the story in the player's mind, so there is only one ending. But there are four eggs to find.

« Reply #27 on: 23 Jul 2022, 14:10 »
Oh right, I missed the first page of this thread. I suspected it was so but in this kind of games we're so accustomed to things being there for a reason that a useless room struck me as odd.
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2022, 14:12 by Creamy »