Building solution 'Tests' on windows 10 with Visual Studio 2022

Started by Monsieur OUXX, Mon 08/08/2022 13:13:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsieur OUXX

Trying to build the unit tests (Common.Lib.Test and Engine.app.Test, in solution Tests) of branch ags4
On windows 10 with Visual Studio 2022

Is there a help page? (I don't think so).
I think I need third-party libraries Allegro (4?)  and gtest. Anything else?

PS: Please tell me I can use a prebuilt version of Allegro and that I won't have to rebuild it myself.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Mon 08/08/2022 13:13:43
I think I need third-party libraries Allegro (4?)  and gtest. Anything else?

PS: Please tell me I can use a prebuilt version of Allegro and that I won't have to rebuild it myself.

We no longer use a separate Allegro library. As of 3.6.0 (and similarly in ags4) we use stripped allegro4 sources, present in the libsrc directory, and link these directly in the project, as necessary.

Spoiler

Allegro4 is known to have a lot of internal dependencies, that make it difficult to link only few files. We did not resolve that yet (but it's still possible to do, probably, by editing the lib sources). So if you add one file there's a chance you'll have to add 10-20 others.
[close]

Monsieur OUXX

Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying. You're saying I need to use allegro.h from libsrc\allegro\include

But I don't need to build Allegro, right? Not even that stripped Allegro? Right?

Crimson Wizard

What I am saying is: we no longer build Allegro as a library. We directly include its files into the project, when and if it is necessary.

If it's included into the project that you are trying to build, then it should be compiled automatically, along with the rest of the project's files.

What is the actual problem you are facing right now, are there any compilation or linking errors?

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 08/08/2022 14:01:37
If it's included into the project that you are trying to build, then it should be compiled automatically, along with the rest of the project's files.

Thanks.

Spoiler

New problem: In order to compile, Common.Lib.Test needs to have AGS_PLATFORM_TEST defined. am I supposed to set that manually (and if yes, how? Is it part of a larger configuration process), or am I missing something? (e.g. I'm not supposed to run that project myself but instead let the CI environment run it).

I see that this variable is mentioned in CMakeLists.txt but until now I didn't have to worry about CMake in Visual Studio. I don't even know how they integrate together, to be honest. I'm going to read this : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/build/cmake-projects-in-visual-studio?view=msvc-170&viewFallbackFrom=vs-2019

This problem has disappeared, I don't even know how.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk