Things that haven't been inventory items... yet

Started by Mats Berglinn, Mon 07/07/2003 19:07:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Arboris

Phantasmagoria did have a "not so subtle" hint option if i remember correctly. Altho, this wasn't an actual inventory item :P

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

Oddysseus

One of those novelty cans of peanuts that has fake snakes inside that spring out when you open it.  ...only it contains REAL snakes that immediatey latch onto the jugular vein of the person you use the can on.

Radiant

Quote from: radiowaves on Thu 11/10/2007 19:16:25
womens underwear
Monkey Island II. Leisure Suit Larry III. And probably Leather Goddesses of Phobos.

Quote from: Tuomas on Sun 09/12/2007 14:11:38
Not sure, but I'm pretty certain euros have been mentioned in at least one game.
You are correct. Future Wars has them, and that was several years before the advent of the Euro.

Quote from: ManicMatt on Sun 16/12/2007 22:04:39
A walkthrough book for the game itself! The most useful inventory item ever!
Space Quest IV has one.

Cluey

-A sculpture of Jimmy Saville
-A Jade Goody Exercise DVD
-A Cthulhu Idol
-A Jimmy Carter mask
-An electric sheep
-A sensitive bank statement
-An M&S &More Credit card
-A cross stitch publication
-An original pressing of Stairway to Heaven
Aramore
My webcomic.

Emerald

A comic-book - Can't quite remember, but I'm sure there has been...

A rubber-ducky - The Longest Journey (used to make a fishing rod)

Corndogs - Sam 'n' Max

Can of beer - The Longest Journey (shaken up with a paint-shaker and given to a guard to short-circuit his suit)

A Grim reaper suit - Grim Fandango

A DVD-movie - Used in Trials of Oddyseus Kent (You give "The Shawshank Penetration" to a dying old man)

yukonhorror

In my topic "Puzzles with no home"  I have an interesting use for an inhaler (for asthma).  I doubt that's ever been in a game.

lo_res_man

Quote from: Emerald on Wed 06/02/2008 21:49:15
A Grim reaper suit - Grim Fandango

Actually, I never remember the Grim Reaper suit being part of your inventory. Oh, you wear it once while playing the game, but it was no more part of your inventory then Guybrush's shoes. I don't have it now, because, I lent it to my sisters, so I can't check, but I have a good feeling I am right.

Unused inventory items

A bucket of teriyaki sauce.
A comb carved from a butternut squash
A souvenir snow globe for Hell
Slippers for your pet monkey
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

lo_res_man

Quote from: Emerald on Wed 06/02/2008 21:49:15

A comic-book - Can't quite remember, but I'm sure there has been...
Flight of the Amazon Queen
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Mats Berglinn

lo_res_man is right about the Grim Reaper suit, it was never an inventory item in Grim Fandango.
The same goes with the corndogs in Sam & Max: Hit the Road, they were just an object.

G

Quote from: Oddysseus on Sun 29/07/2007 23:14:22
Perpetual Motion Machine

In fact my first AGS game featured a Perpetual Motion Machine. The game was "El misterio de la Esceula de Arte."

PokeyFlame

I haven't read all the pages but I'm certain there is a comic book in Flight of the Amazon Queen called Commander Rocket and there is a Shark Tooth in Tale of Two Kingdoms aswell.

Anyway here's my list:-
- A nodding dog
- A guitar
- A fake eye (In KQ4 I think that's a real eye)
- A spare tyre
- A bear trap
- A plastic shield
- Whale blubber
- Some fishing line
- Wallpaper paste
If anyone can do character art and animations and is looking to get their name in a medium sized game then just ask me. Please contact by email address as I rarely check this account.

Stupot

Emerald

Quote from: PokeyFlame on Fri 02/05/2008 22:44:18
- A fake eye (In KQ4 I think that's a real eye)

I don't remember the specifics, but there's definitely a puzzle in The Longest Journey where you sneak into a police station and find a cop in the bathroom, and then make him sneeze so that his glass eye comes out, and then you replace it with something and use his eye to get past a retinal scanner.

Oliwerko

radiowaves

I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

G

In fact my second adventure game, which is still in production, features a secret item that is "Nothing" which I used to test alpha channels on the GUI.

DazJ

- A Hockey Mask
- A Machete
- Overalls

Seeing a picture here? ;)

Lionmonkey

Quote from: DazJ on Mon 07/07/2008 07:34:54
- A Hockey Mask
- A Machete
- Overalls

Seeing a picture here? ;)

Machete was in at least in 7 days a sceptic.

DazJ

Well that just pissed on my bonfire, lol.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk