Opensource Discworld-like Interface System 1.1

Started by stryker, Thu 04/09/2003 00:33:22

Previous topic - Next topic

stryker

I don't know if this belongs here, but i just finished a new version of my interaction system. This looks much closer to the discworld one. Some new stuff added in this version:

- Left/right/double click world interaction optimized (now identical to DW)
- Left/right/double click inventory interaction optimized (now identical to DW)
- Dragging inventory optimized (that was hard!)
- on_event ADD_INVENTORY script added: new items are automatically set active like in DW
- Dialog system added (to be optimized: it's Lucas-style)
- Mouse cursor disappears while talking/animating just like in DW
- Events are now non-blocking: player can stop the interacion to perform another one even if  the character is already walking to the hotspot, just like in DW and Lucas adventures
- Characters interactions are handled non-standard style: player charatcer doesn't
 automatically walk to characters before start interaction
- Random messages on look player character, just like in DW

Hope this is helpful, I think this (the discworld one) is one of the most user-friendly and easy-to-learn interfaces ever made.
I'm pretty proud of the "non blocking" action stuff because gives the feel of more control on the character. And I'm proud of the advanced dragging too, because of my lacks in mathematic/scripting skills; this is a great achievement for me (just look at the code to see why :).

http://helcaraxe.altervista.org/ODIS1.1.zip
right-click and save as

if the above doesn't work:
http://www.eleycis.zapto.org/repository/guis/ODIS1.1.zip
thanks moresco for hosting!

Download Discworld Template ODIS ver1.2
(right-click and "save as")

Spyros

foz

i can`t understand the site that comes up is the link......down

stryker

The site is not about the ODIS, it's just the only webspace I own, so I used it to host the file. There is no site about the ODIS, all the info you can get is in the readme file in the zip.
BTW the site is about an italian RPG project (an ultima online shard).

is there any problem with the link? I can download it without problems. If it doesn't work for you just let me know

Chicky

Damn doesnt work, could you please send it to me at oversizedchicken@hotmail.com

cheers

- a chicken

AGA

Try right-click, save-as, worked for me,.

Teh Crabe

Wow.  Great work.  It really is an easy interface to grasp.  If it's easy to code for as wel, I may have to steal it.  MWA-HA-HA!  MWA-HA-HA-HA!
"You are too pessimistic, you always see the empty side of the glass. Try to see the half-sized side." -Gord10

stryker

Chicken, it seems your e-mail address doesn't work (or the 700kb file is too big), because the e-mail came back with an errore message. My uin is 13203225, contact me so I can send you the file via icq.

Thanks Crabe! steal what you want, it's opensource! (maybe you can credit me somewhere in the game!)

Chicky

Dont worry

right click - 'save target as'  is working for me ... well its downloading a enzip file called odis 1.1  lol

i will probally blag this gui for my game but make a lot of edit's , i will defenatly credit you if i do.

cheers

- a chicken

*Edit*

yup it works, yey  ;D thanks again

inFERNo

When I try to download it, it can only save it as .zip.html, but still can't download it. Same when I delete the .html extension.
Regular click will get me to the spanish or italian AltaVista Site.
I'm really interested in this one, so it would be awesome if I could get it somehow.
Thanks

stryker

Try by right-clicking and "save as". Otherwise give me your e-mail address and I will send it to you.

RickJ

If your having trouble downloading try entering the first part of the url to get to his main site.  Then add ODIS1.1.zip to the URL.  That worked for me.

Moresco

Hey this is really neat! I've always liked the interface to Discworld, & I'm glad to see other people liked it too.  I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but you can bet I will in a few minutes. :)
::: Mastodon :::

stryker

Moresco, if you're going to keep ODIS on your repository would be cool, so all those problem with my host will be override! just tell so I can change the link in the first post.

ps: i think the link in your sign is incorrect, I had to add a "/" to the end of the address in the browser to make it work

Moresco

Hey Stryker, I have the file on my system but haven't added it into the Repository just yet.  I will though, and then you can change the link soon as I get it setup.

Also, you were right! My signature link is incomplete, I'll fix it. :) Thanks a ton!

Update:
Stryker, the link on my server is
http://www.eleycis.zapto.org/repository/guis/ODIS1.1.zip
::: Mastodon :::

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk