Resolution De-evolution: 640 to 320 error

Started by JoelCBarker, Wed 13/08/2003 23:09:35

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelCBarker

Yikes, it seems when I run my .exe from the compiled folder, the game is in 640x480 and all is well, but when I place a shortcut to it on the desktop, it wants to run in 320 x 200.

Honestly, I may have initially selected 320 as my resolution and changed to 640 480 later. Still, should that cause this problem? More importantly, if and when I distribute the file will this occur? As always, anything would be appreciated...  -Joel

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

In the properties for the shortcut you created, is the "start in" box set to the folder your game is in?

JoelCBarker

Interesting, actually what I did was copy and paste the entire .exe to the desktop. I just went back and created a shortcut said to start in the original folder and that worked perfectly, but this is still bothering me because if I give this to someone, they won't have the 'compiled' folder. Shouldn't a duplicate of the .exe placed on the desktop still work? I guess what I want to know is why it is necessary that it be directed to the folder of origin to have the proper resolution.
Thanks
-Joel

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

It's because of the acsetup.cfg file, which contains resolution information and needs to be in the same folder as the game exe. Find it in your game compiled folder and distribute it with your game.

JoelCBarker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk