Raw Drawing

Started by MrColossal, Fri 22/08/2003 04:01:35

Previous topic - Next topic

MrColossal

wellp, here's a little thing i made about a year ago for the Demo Quest 2 project that Darkstalkey destroyed

it was to demonstrate the awesomeness that is rawdrawing

you start in room 3, just teleport to room 1 and 2 for other things.

follor the directions and i think the first room's transitions go all the way up to 0

and someone tell me how the hell i imported an image as perfect black...

also, if anyone wants the source i'll try and find it but it won't be easy

http://sylpher.com/kafka/rawdraw.zip

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Timosity

That's cool, I like the shooting gallery thingy, If you could find the source it would be cool, but don't go out of your way.

~Tim

Goldmund

Hey, mighty nifty indeed, Erik!
I have always felt there is potential in Raw Drawing, but never had time to experiment with it.
I have a question: are the transitions done in the maximum speed? i.e. Wait(1) or more?

MrColossal

the transitions are done i believe by just adding 1 every game cycle, as far as i remember there are no Wait(1)'s

you could speed some of them up with a few tricks or by increasing the speed at which they draw across the screen [for the spiked transition and the green stripe transition at least]

i'm wondering, how does the RawDrawBox work? does it draw a filled box? cause if not then a box out could be done "easily"

the problem with custom transitions is that the rawdrawing draws behind guis and characters and objects, merging all objects before hand allows you to draw over them but that's silly

you could set up some functions that turn off the objects and rawdraw the image in it's place the same with characters and objects, and then run the transition.

i still want to know how i imported perfect black

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Evil

Very cool. I really like #0... Its all spacey and high tech and stuff... :)

earlwood

Pretty cool, I liked the #2 the best..but maybe you could have told me that there is an abort key so I didnt have to fret with it for 10 minutes.  ;)

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

That's all pretty neato! The only problem I would have is that the transitions run waaaay too slowly... but I guess that's the ineficiency of RawDraw

Squinky

That was cool as shit. Maybe you could hook us up with the code? I especialy like the room transitions....cool as shit indeed....

remixor

Very nice Eric. :)  I agree that the transitions run a bit slowly, but if that's a limitation of RawDraw, then no big deal.  Good stuff.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk