Buccaneer II - Rolling Demo released!

Started by Hobbes, Sun 31/08/2003 19:18:00

Previous topic - Next topic

SSH

Yay! Welcome back stuffed tiger!

Do you still want my help with a fight engine?

Hobbes

Gladly. :)

I've been thinking about it a lot and am quite stumped. I'll PM you one of these days about the details... :)

Hobbes

Drawing a map is a lot of work... Just to show there's really progress!

PS Visit the website for more Buc2 goodies. :)

Vel

Hey, that looks as good as ever!
And, of course, you are using the artwork you previously made, right?

Glad to hear you're back - hope to see this progressing really well!

Squinky

Glad to see your still on this. I kinda did the same thing with Fry2 (the starting over thing) so I know where your coming from....

Hobbes

Hey all,

It's been a long time again. Again. :)

However, I've been busy with Buccaneer 2. So, it's time to update this thread a little.

First, I've begun to publish a small blog at unosar.com with the latest screenshots and information. So instead of repeating myself, just surf over to www.unosar.com and read up there.

As can be seen, I've redrawn Sophia's Fate of Atlantis sprite to fit into Buccaneer 2. This finally makes it possible for Margareth to move around and about this time. :) I already have a new dialog on the first day ready between her and Richard...

Just wanted to let you all know that Buccaneer 2 is very much alive!

Vel

Glad to hear that! This looks even more promising than before.

PS: Check your messages ktnxbye._.

Regnum Eternum

Still looking for a cutscene still screen artist? :)

Hobbes

Actually, I am! :) If you're willing to help me out, please pm me about the details. :)

Hobbes

It's updated again!

I've cleaned out the first post so it's a bit more up to date.

So far I've planned it out the following way:

Summer 2005: Non-interactive demo.
Fall 2005: End of production phase/beginning the beta phase.
Winter 2005: Release of Buccaneer 2.

With the help of Regnum Eternum, the introduction is beginning to look really nice. I'm keeping it under wraps for the time being, but it's going to be somewhat similar to GK1's intro. Which also explains why Vel is composing a digital soundtrack somewhat inspired by GK1.

Recent coverage in the E-Zine revealed a new location, the docks. I've been actively drawing several more and since I started work on the game in february again, the room number is now up to 18. So, there's some definite progress. :)

Hobbes

Darth, my apologies for not only double-posting... but triple-posting. I know it's not allowed, but felt compelled to do so, to announce the following.

The rolling demo for Buccaneer 2 has been released! Two years after announcing the game, I've finally reached such a state that I'm willing to show some in-game material in the AGS engine to you all. It's approx 1m30s long. It showcases several locations, characters as well as a beautiful screen from the game's intro.

I hope you all enjoy this very sneak preview at what's to come before the year is out. :)

Click here to get it!

Or... alternatively, visit the first message in this thread. :)

Dave Gilbert

Darn spiffy, Hobbes!  And darn spiffy music, Vel.  Happy to see that this is still underway.

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Hobbes on Sat 04/06/2005 10:30:53Darth, my apologies for not only double-posting... but triple-posting. I know it's not allowed, but felt compelled to do so, to announce the following.

They are spaced out about a month apart anyway, so it's okay.

And I second what Dave said.  This game has been a long time in the making and I look forward to its release!  Keep it up.

DoorKnobHandle

Wow, very good work. This piece is filled with atmosphere, very good dialogues and everything... It's really impressive and I can't wait to play the full game.

Oh, and very good fighting engine... Oh, wait, I wrote it... :)

José Luiz

I've just seen the rolling demo...
This game will surely be very, very, very good!!!
"L'Histoire est un roman qui a été." (Edmond and Jules de Goncourt)

=The=Brat=

what ur not doing the icon comp

doh what am i gonna do with this

:'(
:'(

ovid

oh wow!

just checked the teaser.  looks like a brilliant game.  absolutely can not wait to play this one.  ever since the early days of monkey island i've always loved the chunky pixel art, and this project delivers  ;D

=The=Brat=

Al_Ninio

Just playd trailer and... :o

Nice picture of richard in the middle of trailer. This dramatic scene whit richard and umm oo the woman whose name starts with M i guess is just simply great the animation the move directions all are like in real life. Can`t wait to play full version

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk