MAGS November: Wizardhood (Bug-free version)

Started by Mats Berglinn, Mon 24/11/2003 19:18:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Mats Berglinn

Here is my first finished game and my entry for this month MAGS Wizardhood. This game is about Murphy a 15-year old lad who recently have finished the trials of Wizards and become a wizard. While he goes to town he saves a girl named Emilia and Murphy's master Melvin and John Elmore, the leader of the Wizard Council, gets surprised by Murphy's heroic act that they give him a special mission: To get back the Black Crystal from the evil wizard Agrahgorth.

Here are the screenshots. Some of the colors on the screenshots are not right since I had transform them from bmp to gif in order to use the quick upload.

Here is the link to download the game:
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/Wizard.zip

Have fun!

Inkoddi

YEAAAAAH!!! Finally a november MAGS entry!!
I like the game but I'm stuck already:
Spoiler
how do I dry that mushroom?
[close]

Mats Berglinn

Here is a clue:

Spoiler
Murphy doesn't know a spell to do it but there are someone who knows a spell like that.
[close]

Inkoddi

Okay. Thanks! 8) I completed the game and it was almost too easy. It took me like 12 minutes to complete it, but anyway... ...keep up the good work. ;)

Dave Gilbert

Mats Berglinn

I have added screenshots now.

I know the game isn't so hard and it's not so long but since I had to finish the game before the end of the competition I didn't made the puzzles too complex or too long. I may extend the game a bit with longer and harder puzzles plus I use more sound effects, add the missing music piece and using voices for the game.

Elianto-Guestmode

Maybe I found a bug

Spoiler
you can ask for whiskey remains also after you got it the first time... and you get another bottle... sounds strange to me
[close]

Good work  ;)

cpage

I really like the game
Great work Mats!
Also e-mail me i have a few things I want to talk about but i am never on MSN when you are it seems

Keep up the great work!

Altho I had only one problem with it... The english errors but other than that it was great

Timosity

Cool little game there Mats, I enjoyed it, the graphics were good, the music suited, The puzzles were fairly easy but that wasn't a problem, it allowed the game to flow.

Spoiler
A couple of little bugs, when you talk to the hungry guy after you have the root, he still mentions he'll give you the root for food.

if you try to walk past the first guard in the castle without talking to him, the game crashes giving an error about changing rooms twice in the same script.
[close]

A great Mags game.

~Tim

PureGhostGR

Great game! I luved the bright colored graphics you used in the backgrounds.

The game was very well organised and the plot twist gave a "good" feeling.

I also liked the fact that you "sorted" all the different characters in the game nicely.

Pure fun. :)

Well done!

Mats Berglinn

Thank you guys for the comments!  :) :)

I'm going to update the game after competition is over. The update will be included (like I said before) the last remaining music piece (Belphegor was to busy with exams so I don't blame him), getting rid of the bugs you mentioned plus I'm going to extend with longer puzzles and add voices to the characters.

jane

Inkoddi - If it was that easy - why did you ask for help - guess it would have taken you much longer than 12 minutes if you hadn't!  :P  

Good game Matt! ;D

evilspacefart

good game mats.
didnt you have a hawaiian game too?

Mats Berglinn

Yes but it's still under construction. I will try to release a demo either by the end of December or at January.

Mats Berglinn

Here is an update of Wizardhood. I've got rid of all the bugs mentioned plus added the music-piece for the Drunken Duck bar.

Wormmaster

You really know how to make a game ;D...
Wizardhood was GREAT!!!  :D
G-R-E-A-T, GREAT.
I haven't seen a game like this before.
Keep up good work Mats... :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk