Recruit A Team - need help with your game/project?

Started by Papiea, Tue 30/12/2008 15:18:30

Previous topic - Next topic

sun

Hi everyone!!

I've got a fantastic, FANTASTIC idea for a game that i've been tinkering with for ages now - and after narrowing it down to AGS as the proper medium, i tried doing it myself - but can't get past the scripting involved.

I'm looking for a partner to work with on this, someone who knows even the basics to get by. It's going to be great. I have the music & text covered, but am in desperate need of a background artist who can deliver old school 8-bit style Paint backgrounds - nothing crazy here :)

I'm also looking for a scripter who can take all of these wonderful pieces and make it happen in AGS.

I don't want to give away too much, but i'm a very creative individual and this is a bold new updating on old 8-bit NES classics such as Deja Vu, Uninvited & Shadowgate - this will truly be an innovative way of using the AGS Editor.

I can't stress how serious I am on this, it will be a ton of fun, and am hoping that someone out there with some knowledge of this program will be willing to work alongside me on this!

Please get back to me on here, or give me an email at
mancalledsun@gmail.com

:)

Trumgottist

(No more actors needed. I can't find how to remove a post, so I guess only moderators can do that.)

Jyan

Hi iam making a monkey island clone..
Cause of copyrights the name is now Danligo - The Lost Treasure.
We need more people to work on project.
This is what we need to have a full crew:
1-2 Animator
A music composer
a bacground drawer
and a character concept artist
some voice actors
and finally a programmer in AGS.

What we have got:
A animator
Junior programmer
And a junior animator..
And a senior bacground drawer..

As you can see we need all the help we can get!
Please send me a PM if you are interressted!
NOTE: The game is going to be a point and click game.
And you will not earn money on your job.

-Jyan

Daniel Thomas

The Journey of Iesir is looking for people!
Hi everyone!
The Journey of Eisir Fantasy Comedy adventure game in the the spirit of Monkey Island and Discworld.
For more information check HERE

We are looking for talented people who are ready to invest time in this project which will bring, except from experience and working with a talented team, a great game that would be a strong commercial product.

We are currently looking for:

Character Animator: You will get a character concept supplied which you would be able to work from. Flash animations would absolutely be acceptable. Style if animation is cartoony with squash and stretch and good timing.

Contact: If you are interested or have any questions, contact me by zyndikate@hotmail.com or by PM with a little information of yourself and with work-sample you have done.

Thanks!
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

bicilotti

Ok, here's the story:

a couple of months ago I was ill and decided to make a simple stupid game while ill. Turned out that it was quite difficult to do something while having a flue / I didn't had much time to finish this side-project.

It was meant to be a 1 man project, with me doing pretty much anything from script/music/art/etc.

Now I'm ill no more and back to my main project (a team effort with JimReed), meaning that I need someone helping me to finish it.

I include a very polishless very before alpha compiled.zip

warning: Oric/Bright ZX palette
http://shutupload.com/dl/283c9e765141/

What do i need?

-Animation guy: there are 3 or 4 animations I really can't be arsed to do. If you like to draw and aren't scared to use just 8 colours, well, maybe you could!
-Music guy: a couple of tunes will do!

The game is quite simple (1 room), so it will not eat much of your time

Questionable

Looking for a coder that can put together the assets I built for an hour game. I've got everything done: animations, puzzles, sprites, background.

It's a one room type affair and it's very short. Since I have more time than one hour I might add a few more animations but over all I'm pretty much done with everything BESIDES coding.

PM me if you're interested! I'll be out of the house most of the day 03/22 and 03/23 so give me a little bit to respond.  Thanks in advance for any help!
All my trophies have disappeared... FINALLY! I'm free!

mysteryjack1

Hello everybody! I have had an idea for an Adventure point-and-click game! I am, however completely hopeless at scripting. I am okay with the artwork, and I can come up with a story for sure  All I need are some clever people to be able to script the game, some people to contribute artwork, and possibly some people to contribute some plot ideas or funny/sarcastic remarks  So, here's my ideas for the game:

The game is called Lisa Hargreaves and the French Menace. It is about a crime solver who goes around the world on adventures defeating bad guys - in this case, the French Menace. Lisa lives in a detached Georgian house in London. She hears about the villain when she is on holiday in France, with her best friend, Edith. She wants to stop him, because he has stolen the world-famous recipe for Crêpes aux fraises (Strawberry Crepes/Pancakes)! This being Lisa's favourite food in the whole wide world, she feels like she needs to stop him. She follows this menace all over the world to stop him!

So, there's the basic idea for a story. I'll work on a script as soon as people want to contribute  Anyway, it's best to list the statistics of the main characters, so anyone wanted to contribute artwork can know what everybody actually looks like.

Name: Lisa Hargreaves
Skin Tone: Pale White
Hair colour: Blonde
Hair Length: Down to Elbow.
Hairstyle: Loose, let down
Build: Skinny
Eye colour: Blue
Height Range: Medium-Tall
Personality: Artistic, Excitable, Clever
Other Attributes/Information: Is a vegetarian, has a famous sister (who is also a WAG), is British.
Normal Clothing: Sky blue sleeveless dress with white spots and brown UGGS (occasionally wears high heels)
Name: Edith Rhodes
Skin Tone: Light Brown
Hair Colour: Medium-Brown
Hair Length: Down to Elbows
Hairstyle: In plaits
Build: Slim, slightly muscular
Eye colour: Hazel
Height Range: Medium-Tall
Personality: Artistic, Serious, Extremely Clever
Other Attributes/Information: Is from Chinese heritage
Normal Clothing: White shirt, blood-red sweater vest, black pencil skirt and black boots.
Name: French Menace (Mauvais Cambrioleur)
Skin Tone: Pale White
Hair Colour: Black
Hair Length: Short
Hairstyle: Concealed under black beanie hat
Build: Muscular
Eye colour: Brown
Height Range: Tall
Personality: Evil, Clever, Athletic
Other Attributes/Information: Is French (but speaks English), Steals the recipe to give to his mother (who owns a French Cuisine restaurant in London)
Normal Clothing: Black beanie hat, black eye mask, black jumper, black trousers and black trainers (wears a lot of camouflage to prevent himself from being seen by police/blonde adventurers) 

Here's what I am looking for in each job:

Programmer: To be able to script a lot of stuff! I hope for the game to be quite long, possibly one that takes people up to a week to finish maybe. It doesn't matter if you can't program everything! If more people offer to program the game, the easier it will be :D

Artist: I would prefer it if the drawings are not too simple, but not too complex either. No vague stick figures, but no masterpieces. I think you get what I mean :D

Writers: I would really like some clever plots, and also some funny remarks :D Nothing too rude though, because it would be better if the game was suitable for almost all ages :D

That took me a long time to write... So if you are looking for a game to contribute to, then please reply, I would love to be part of a game! I am also doing it for my nan, who is a BIG fan of point and click games. It would mean the world to her if a whole bunch of people made a game for her :D So please reply! Many thanks :D

Oh, and here's a quick cartoon I made of Lisa:

http://twitpic.com/1a9zpe

King Bill Murray

I'm looking for anyone with design/game skills, ha. I don't have the proper art or music programs to produce a high caliber game, like many of you have.  :-\ I have the story and characters all written down and typed up. My game/story is about a zombie 'disease' outbreak. It's entitled "In the Dead of Night". The all whole event/story takes place in 20 days, broken down in 21 time intervals. Example:

10/08/2010 - 11:06a.m. - 3:06p.m.

It's takes place from the dates 09/27/2010 to 10/16/2010.

20 Days= 480 Hours. I only use 334 hours for the story.

There are six locations, containing 4 main rooms each.

(1) 4298 James Avenue (Living Room, Kitchen, Bathroom, Upstairs Bedroom)
(2) Red Falls Police Station (Main Lobby, Office, Cells, Roof)
(3) Red Falls Metro Station (Main Stairwell, Women's Bathroom, Subway Platform, Connecting Hallway)
(4) Antony's "Rent-A-Space" (Parking Lot, 'Rentable Hubs', Field, Front of Business Building)
(5) St. Paul's Hospital (Hallway, Waiting Area, Elevator, Trauma Room 1)
(6) The Ozburg Government Building (Main Lobby, Stairwell, 7th Floor, Roof)

All of these locations have more 'rooms', such as streets, front porches, alleys, but these named ones are the main interactive ones.
  There are five main characters. A Black 38 male police officer stuck in (1), a White 32 male police officer stuck in (2), a White 34 female construction worker stuck in a (3), a White 27 male security officer stuck at (4), and a Hispanic 42 male janitor stuck in (5). With these five PC's, there are an additional nine NPC's in the game. (Not counting probably 10-20 different zombie characters they'd be encountering) I have all 14 character's names, height, weight, race, occupation, age, location in story- all written down. I have character death times, location, and how/why. I have a full story. Start to finish. (A full game idea too.) So, story, ideas, etc., I don't have much of a need in. (I won't turn any away though.) But what I do NEED is:

-Background development
-Item design
-Layout design
-Character design and walking models. (I'd prefer models that resemble design like: 6 Days, or Longevity Gene, or Annie the Android, etc.)
-Music
-Sound effects (Possibly voice talent as well)
-Anything of use  :)

I understand that this is a lot to ask; and I may possibly be able to work out some sort of payment, if needed. If you want to know more of my ideas on this, help, contribute and/or see how I have it laid out in my mind-- PM me. Thanks.
"Hey! I'm going to the 'Bear Pits' tomorrow. Ya wanna come with?"

Baron

According to the Mags April Competition rules posted recently:

QuoteTopic: ONE ROOM ONE MONTH

QuoteKeep it two people team MAX!

I'm a busy guy, but I think I can handle half a room in a month.  I'm looking for a collaborator on this; someone interested in only a short-term commitment.  Moderate-to-nil work ethic an asset, music skills preferable (though not a necessity), crazy ideas imperative.  PM me a two sentence plug of your idea and the first full sentence on page 83 of whatever book you're reading right now if interested -I'll make my decision based on that information and get back to you with a yea or nay by April 1st.

Baron

EDIT: It's April 7 -stop PMing me already!  Our project is well underway.

loontje

For a remake of king's quest 5 I'm looking for:

artists (if you know how to animate sprites that's a huge plus)

people who can help me code/script/program (in other words the "technical stuff" that I have no experience with whatsoever)

musicians

the more people who want to help me out on this the better. If you're interested please PM me

Pixelton

I'm currently working on a game with another forumer (Def) and I'm looking for someone to compose some midi music for the game. Currently I'm using some Midi music I've downloaded from somewhere and the music I have is great as placeholder but, I'd love to work with someone to create some original tunes.

The game
The game is called 'The Visitors' and is set in 1959 around a sleepy Wisconsin town. One night something strange falls from the sky and lands deep in the Ottawa forest and the player must investigate whats going on and find the truth behind the strange object.

The Mood
The style of the game is all first-person with the player chatting to NPC's traveling around different locations using a map system and completing a number of mini-game events. The Visitors has a Drive-in, B-Movie feel to it and music should represent that feel and the game's period.

Artwork

If your interested please send me or Def a PM

Cheers!
Please follow our progress on IndieDB!

<a href="http://www.indiedb.com/games/dustbowl-a-wasteland-adventure" title="View Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure on Indie DB" target="_blank">Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure</a>

tzachs

Hello, I'm looking for testers to get some feedback on my football game.

You can see more details about the game in the GIP thread.

If you're interested in testing it, please PM me and I'll send you a link(along with my thank you  :)).

Strike that, I'm all set now  :)

Vince Twelve

Resonance needs a specialized font made of a bunch of abstract symbols which I will sketch for you.  If you know how to make ttf fonts and want to donate some of your time in exchange for a free copy of the game, a place on the beta team, and your name in the credits, shoot me a PM/email!  Thanks!

xenogia

Looking for a pixel artist/or any artist to help me redesign the gui on "The Face of Corruption" which is located at http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=39974.0

To be more exact, it is only a small job.  Just need some to design some text box guis.

As you can see from the below image that is the current text box I have created.  I am looking to create a somewhat comic book style caption.

PM me if anyone is interested, and I'll also put you on the beta team as well.

studiostu

Hey guys!  I'm looking for some pro wrestling fans that would be interested in helping with an adventure game.  To practice, I was wanting to create a short game surrounding the events of the Montreal Screwjob in which you can play as either Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart.  Then after that I'd like to create an original story.  I've just learned I'm horrible with creating pixel art characters and scenery!  I'm really only asking for about 3 or 4 backgrounds and the characters.  If anyone wants to team up, please PM me.  Thanks! 

spc1208

I am not a very experienced Ags Game maker in aspects of drawing, and scripting animation.  However, I have recently
Played the Video Game SplinterCell: Conviction for the X-Box 360, and I loved every minute of it!  So I thought why not make a game!  I am looking for Artist ( Sprites, Backgrounds, Ect. ) Scriptors ( Animations, gui's, ect. )

I believe I can handle the music, and I already have kind of a story but I am wide open for many suggestions!

If anyone is interested please PM me or something!

:)

joelphilippage

I need beta-testers for my game. Send me a PM if you're interested. I'll upload pictures in a bit.

Cryxo

Hi everybody! I am looking for a composer who is willing to write and create some jazz type music (mp3, midi etc...) or something similar for a non-profit (freeware) game.

I and a friend of mine are working on a game called My Neighbour is a Serial Killer. It's a somewhat mental, crazy, wacky etc... little production. The protagonist empathizes with the "serial killer" and decides to help him out. Sam and Max springs to mind (Hit the Road). It is that sort of style of gameplay/atmosphere/mood.

We are thinking of some snazzy, jazzy, wacky type music. Something similar to... Sam and Max: Hit the Road music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8rcEtjBbSQ 

The game itself we think will last about an hour and a half. So if you are interested, please PM me or send me an email to sam.storey93@googlemail.com

Currently working on "My Neighbour is a Serial Killer"
with a certain friend of mine called Geork.

Trumgottist

*post removed*

Czar

Once again I'm trying to finish what I've started, and this time it is only a few months since my last try. :)

I have a better vision of how to make it work, so what I am looking for is:

A short story.
  You can send me your short stories and I'll choose the most appropriate one.
The genre is not important as long as it is short and interesting. Also the author should be open to smaller changes and adaptation :).

This way I'll find inspiration for the artwork and we can go from there.

Peace and love.

EDIT:
Ok, I thought some more on the direction I'd like the game to go, and would definitely be satisfied with a noir style story, so those with experience in this sort of genre are welcome to share ideas, even if only as a consultant.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk