*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Eric

I'll post another screen when I get home tonight, but here's a convoluted hint in the meantime: It always bothered me that this movie wasn't directed by another director who made popular films for the studio that produced this one, if only because he has pretty much the same name as the author whose book this film is taken from.

Haggis

That's the Swiss Family Robinson... with the annoying kid who's like a young Boris Johnson and has a tiger.

Eric

Indeed! Haggis has it right. Why would Disney not get Robert Stevenson, director of Old Yeller, Darby O'Gill, Mary Poppins, The Absent-Minded Professor, The Love Bug, and tons more, to direct Swiss Family Robinson based on the book by Robert Louis Stevenson?

The only thing that boggles my mind more is Sam Shephard playing Chuck Yager, Scott Glenn playing Alan Shepherd, and Ed Harris playing John Glenn in The Right Stuff.

Haggis

Ok, this may be easy for some... one of my favourite films growing up.

Tramponline

Ah, indeed. That different kind of western "summit thing", having C.D. Buchinsky in it.

Haggis

The very same... go on... bring it home.

Tramponline

To be honest, I'd rather let someone else guess that title. Got a slight hangover from yesterday. :cool:

But I quite like it, especially that they took a genre and went the other way with it.

Haggis

Totally agree with you, I can't remember if I read the original book when I was younger but I think I'll dig it out and revisit it.

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Haggis

Quote from: miguel on Mon 25/03/2013 13:16:11
Blazing Saddles?
Nope, I'll wait till later tonight UK time and if needed post another still.

Tramponline

Quote from: Haggis on Sun 24/03/2013 21:52:21
The very same... go on... bring it home.

OK, I'm fairly sober again... :tongue:
I suppose it's "Breakheart Pass", that scene where they throw the 'stoker that knew too much' out of
the locomotive into that gorge?

edit: I had to suppress the incredible urge to guess something like "Puppetmaster"!!! ;) 

Haggis

Quote from: Tramponline on Mon 25/03/2013 14:40:04
I suppose it's "Breakheart Pass", that scene where they throw the 'stoker that knew too much' out of
the locomotive into that gorge?

Haha correct! Underrated movie in my humble opinion, got to love the Bronson.

Masterful piece of puppetry in that scene.

Your turn.

Tramponline

OK, here it goes...
[imgzoom]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/773/grandmaponch.png[/imgzoom]

That one should inspire at least some insane titles, eh?

edit: An epic classic! One of those, that never seem to grow stale on me. Protagonists or protagonist not in the shot!     

Kasander

Tramponline

HAHAHA! Nice one! Keep it coming... :cheesy:

Awww, man, why do I know that bloody movie! I want to do some guessing too!

...aah, what the heck: "Vinnie Diesel Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"

Baron

I usually don't have a clue what you guys are guessing at (especially Ponch), but I think this might be "The Man Who Would Be King".

Ponch

Quote from: Baron on Wed 27/03/2013 01:03:55
I usually don't have a clue what you guys are guessing at (especially Ponch), but I think this might be "The Man Who Would Be King".
Ponch hasn't made a guess yet, foolish Baron! But he will now! Can you guess what it will be?
Spoiler
Stargate?
[close]

Tramponline

WOW! I tried to make that shot as obscure as possible without being unfair. But that didn't seem to bother Baron one bit. Dead on target!

It is indeed "The Man Who Would Be King" (1975), the adventures and misadventures of Daniel Dravot & Peachey Carnehan.
An adaptation of a Rudyard Kippling novella and directed by John Huston.

Your turn, Baron.

@Ponch: It is also 'Stargate' - but only AFTER it is 'The Man Who Would Be King' :tongue:

Ponch

Stargate took place in the desert. That is clearly a desert in your picture. I stand by my answer, sir.  :cool:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk