*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

That's Eli Wallach standing beside him. I don't know this one off the top of my head.

Snarky

Wow, is this stumping the movie guessers? You're both right about the actors. Here's another snapshot:

I could also add that it's a horror movie, and that there are at least two other (unrelated) films by the same title.

Snarky

No. Final image before I just give it away:

(Anyone recognize that guy?) The main character is the woman in red at the center. It's a 1976 or '77 movie (sources differ), kind of a Rosemary's Baby/The Exorcist riff by a director famous for bloody action movies who died earlier this year.

Eric

Well, I know Walken, Wallach, Burgess Meredith and I think that's Jerry Orbach. But I don't think I've ever seen this movie. You've stumped me.

geork

This kind of feels like cheating, because I've never seen the film...the only thing that gave it away was the director's recent death and the fact that he filmed something in my home town (both facts I'd come across recently) - would it still count for me to post the movie, since I kind of googled it based on that info...?  :-\

Snarky

Quote from: Eric on Tue 18/06/2013 01:17:33Well, I know Walken, Wallach, Burgess Meredith and I think that's Jerry Orbach.

It is! Lennie Briscoe in the flesh.

Quote from: Eric on Tue 18/06/2013 01:17:33But I don't think I've ever seen this movie.

No, one would think you'd know it by now if you had.

Quote from: geork on Tue 18/06/2013 02:18:17
This kind of feels like cheating, because I've never seen the film...the only thing that gave it away was the director's recent death and the fact that he filmed something in my home town (both facts I'd come across recently) - would it still count for me to post the movie, since I kind of googled it based on that info...?  :-\

Sure, go ahead. It's not like people haven't had a chance to recognize it, and with all the actors already identified it would be trivial for anyone to look it up anyway.

geork

Is it The Sentinel? (1977 version according to IMDB) based on Micheal Winner's recent death... (the guess...not the film :P)

Snarky

Absolutely. (Not an obscure film at all, I would have thought.) Your go!

geork

This one shouldn't be too hard to guess, so I'll try and make it harder by not showing an image of the star actor (well, 'actor' is a loose term):

Eric

Quote from: Snarky on Tue 18/06/2013 14:20:21
Absolutely. (Not an obscure film at all, I would have thought.) Your go!

It's a new one to me -- I hadn't even heard of it, I don't think. I'm trying to track down a copy to watch now. My favorite thing about this thread is finding new movies, though!

geork

No takers? I'll give a second image (this time with the star 'actor')

geork

Well guessed, the film that probably convinced everyone that Mick Jagger shouldn't be in them...

Your turn!

Eric

Quote from: geork on Fri 21/06/2013 00:01:19
Well guessed, the film that probably convinced everyone that Mick Jagger shouldn't be in them...

I still like Ned Kelly!

Ben X

Okay, bit of a tough one, this. Again, you need to also work out the link to the previous one:

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/YcdjTM7.png[/imgzoom]

Crimson Wizard

Ben X

Not that tough, then. What's the link?

kaput

Quote from: bbX1138 on Sun 23/06/2013 21:43:50
Not that tough, then. What's the link?

Johnny Depp based his character on Keith Richards (and Keith Richards is in the movie). Ammaright?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk