*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

miguel

Quote from: Ponch on Tue 23/07/2013 04:06:33
Quote from: miguel on Tue 23/07/2013 00:53:18
Tron?
If there were light cycle beams coming off that wheelchair, then it would be the greatest movie of all time! ;-D

I know, light beams and a futuristic soundtrack made in 1985 with lots of slow motion and rewind!

QuoteNone of the above. And no, sadly, there are no light cycle beams in this movie. I wish there were now. :)
Not so sure Ilyich, the Indian version had wheelchairs painted as the Tron bikes and I've seen the movie 4 times when I was 15.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Snarky

I haven't seen the movie, but since I only know three films with people in wheel chairs, and it's not Rear Window or Intouchables... is it Born on the 4th of July?

Ponch

Kite Runner 2: Aerodynamic Boogaloo?

Crimson Wizard

High on Wheels: I See Dead Girls (japanese version by Hideo Nakata).

Harvester

Perhaps a deleted scene from Rain Man?
None shall pass!

Paranoid Factor

kaput

'The Ring: Samara goes to town'?

Ilyich

While amusing, none of those are correct. :)

Here's another screen, which should at least narrow it down significantly, if not give away completely. :)

Ben X

That's Beat Takeshi, and I don't remember those scenes from Hana-Bi, so I'm going to go with Sonatine.

miguel

Could be Kill Bill 2, the scene with Lucy Liu? Where she walks on the table and kicks ass?

Ponch

That's Beat Takeshi, and I don't remember those scenes from Battle Royale, so I'm going to go with Johnny Mnemonic. (Also, I'm having the weirdest feeling of deja vu right now) :=

Ilyich

Quote from: bbX1138 on Wed 24/07/2013 21:09:48
That's Beat Takeshi, and I don't remember those scenes from Hana-Bi, so I'm going to go with Sonatine.

Gah, no, not Sonatine. Wheelchairs, remember? ;)

Not Johnny Mnemonic either, but that is quite obvious, I believe. :)

Gilbert

たけãâ€"のæÅ'‘戦状:劇場版
Takeshi's Challenge: The Movie
:=

Gribbler

miguel

Ponch

A guy I work with says this is "Fireworks". But I've seen that Katy Perry video, and I don't remember him being in it at all. So I'm going with "Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence." (laugh)

miguel

Best Bowie movie, ever!

Spoiler
Anyway, the wheelchair, the asian dudes, this points clearly to a redux version of Deer Hunter.
[close]
Spoiler
The one that never got out.
[close]
Spoiler
All the actors had become major stars and refused to play their parts in swampy Vietnam, Merril Strip demanded she would sing all her lines.
[close]
Spoiler
In this new instalment, De Niro and Walken are made prisoners as well (but in Jacuzzi) and the bad guys are happily playing poker in a nice, air-conditioned room. They wear suits as well.
[close]

Deer Hunter Redux

Ilyich

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 25/07/2013 15:08:12
A guy I work with says this is "Fireworks". But I've seen that Katy Perry video, and I don't remember him being in it at all. So I'm going with "Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence." (laugh)

It is indeed Takeshi Kitano's "Hana-bi" aka "Fireworks".
I guess it's a-guy-you-work-with's turn, then! Please make him register on the forums and post a new movie for us to guess! Or do it for him, I don't particularly care - just stop avoiding the correct answer in a funny, but infuriating manner. ;)

Ponch

Quote from: bbX1138 on Wed 24/07/2013 21:09:48

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 25/07/2013 15:08:12

Quote from: Ilyich on Thu 25/07/2013 17:32:57
It is indeed Takeshi Kitano's "Hana-bi" aka "Fireworks".
I guess it's a-guy-you-work-with's turn, then! Please make him register on the forums and post a new movie for us to guess! Or do it for him, I don't particularly care - just stop avoiding the correct answer in a funny, but infuriating manner. ;)
Technically, didn't bbx1138 (sort of) guess it right first?  :embarrassed:

Also, I've never seen "Fireworks." A guy I work with named Hector was the one who knew the movie. I have a movie clue ready to go, based on the movie he chose. I don't have a DVD or VHS for this one, so I had to grab it off a website. So no cheating with the googles! :wink:

kaput

Ghostbusters 2? Probably not, but it reminds me of it.

Ponch

Quote from: Sunny Penguin on Fri 26/07/2013 03:48:32
Ghostbusters 2? Probably not, but it reminds me of it.
Nope. Right decade, though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk