*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

kconan

Does the movie also star David Carradine?

Ponch

kconan

Is the last name of the main character "McQuade"?

Ryan Timothy B

This just happened to be referenced on Breaking Bad on Sunday: Lone Wolf McQuade
Edit: Damn. You beat me.

kconan

I was hoping for a suspenseful buildup, but ah well.  8-)  Yea Hank's wife calls him that I believe.

QuoteEdit: Damn. You beat me.

Arguable since I didn't list the full title, as I was going for a little crescendo before calling it.

Ponch

Actually, Miquel guessed this movie as a joke a while back, so I was sure it would be an easy win for him. Instead, Kconan gets it (although technically speaking, he only guessed 1/3 of the title). :=

Take it away, K.

Ryan Timothy B

On a side note, you know what I absolutely hated about his Voyager character Chakotay? It was all that Indian bull they mixed in with his character. It didn't feel authentic, he either did a very bad job at acting and making us believe this was his way of life, or it was just poorly written.

I'll admit though, I generally find scenes with Indian related stuff boring as all hell. One I can think of is that episode where Mulder was nearly dying and the Indian did some life saving voodoo magic on him - IT WAS TERRIBLE and I nearly passed out when I rewatched the series last year. And that was the second season premiere, like talk about a quality introduction.

kconan

"In space no one can eat ice cream!"

Ponch

The problem with Chakotay's "people" is that they were every native tribe of the Americas rolled into one. He came from some sort of Rain Forest / High Desert / Great Plains / Cliff Dwelling people of the ice. It was really bizarre. (wtf)

EDIT: Damn it, Kconan! Stop posting while other people are posting! It's like jumping ahead of them in line! :wink:

Ryan Timothy B

You're right. If he were an alien, I would've accepted it and I wouldn't have been rolling my eyes as often each time they brought in his "spirit stone" and talked about the rain forest. Like with Nelix going all postal when he starts doubting his afterlife tree beliefs (which really pissed me off that no one even said "What if things that happen in the spiritual world don't transfer back to the materialistic world - therefor you wouldn't remember it because it happened to your soul, not your brain", not that it would have made the whole thing much better. I generally dislike heavily religious plots).

And yes, kconan, very rude indeed. Like wait a bit, we're trying to talk here! ;)

I hope that's not Leprechaun 4: In Space

Ponch

I know, right? You'd think kconan could show just a little bit of consideration. But he's too busy winning competitions and stuff.(wrong)

In much the same way, I feel the writers on Voyager never got a proper grasp of most of their characters. It was Star Trek and they knew it would sell, so they just sort of coasted through seven seasons.

Critters 4: In Space?

kconan

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 22/08/2013 04:12:44
EDIT: Damn it, Kconan! Stop posting while other people are posting! It's like jumping ahead of them in line! :wink:

Sorry, I wouldn't want to interrupt the thrilling character study of Chakotay the generic native American.  (smugnod)

The movie from the still above was released on Blu-ray relatively recently.  Has to be my favorite sci-fi/comedy B flick.

LUniqueDan

Killer Klown From the Outer Space.

Most original B-Movie I ever saw. Will have made hell of a Lucasarts game too.

"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Ponch

Quote from: kconan on Thu 22/08/2013 04:25:05
(smugnod)
Somebody turn this into a cup smiley at once! I have need of it!!! :=

kconan

...Leprechaun 4: In Space

Nope!

Critters 4: In Space?

Haha, I forgot about that classic...But anyway, BZZZZZZTTTT!  Wrong!

kconan

Quote from: LUniqueDan on Thu 22/08/2013 04:26:05
Killer Klown From the Outer Space.

"Killer Klowns From Outer Space"

Close enough, you are up.

Ponch

Ha! Beat you at your own game! 21:27 belongs to me!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

LUniqueDan

Ok, that's random, but that was on my screenshot folder.
(Don't ask)

"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.

Ponch

Leprechaun 5: Under The Sea ?

LUniqueDan

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 22/08/2013 04:48:06
Leprechaun 5: Under The Sea ?

Nope. It's not House M.D Goes Underwater Either.
I'll put another one right now. (I'm not gonna stuck the thread with randomness...)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk