*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben X

Damn, that would have been my second guess!

cat

Ok, let's try this. I'm starting pretty vague, but I can't upload pics at the moment and have to rely on what the internet has to offer:

Spoiler

[close]

cat

cat

selmiak

Cooking with David Lynch.

Ben X

Unless I'm mistaken, that's Michael McKean, Brad Pitt and Christopher Lloyd. Why haven't I heard of this movie?! I thought it would be Johnny Suede but I just checked and Lloyd's not in that...

Eric

Radio Days?

EDIT: Ugh. That's not the movie I meant to guess. Radio Days is the Woody Allen film. This is...the other one.

cat

No, Eric, must be the other one. But you are getting closer.
I wouldn't know about Brad Pitt being in this movie.

Ok, this should make it easy:

Eric

If I ever meet Brad Pitt, I'm telling him Ben X confused him for Joey Lawrence.

Ponch

cat

Correct, Ponch!

I think this movie is great, I hope they will finally release a region 2 DVD of it.

Ponch

You're right, Cat. Radioland Murders deserves a higher profile than it has.

Anyhoo, here's my clue. As far as I know, it isn't connected to the previous movie in any way except it's also a movie that deserves a higher profile.

Ben X

Quote from: Eric on Wed 25/09/2013 15:00:35
If I ever meet Brad Pitt, I'm telling him Ben X confused him for Joey Lawrence.

http://youtu.be/c5dCopAZaq8

Snarky

I'm not going to imdb this since I'm probably wrong, but wasn't there a short-lived David Lynch TV show called something like Radioland Murders and in that same visual style?

As for the last picture, that non-spacesuited guy looks like he could be Roy Scheider, so I'm going to guess 2010: The Year We Make Contact.

Ponch

Quote from: Snarky on Wed 25/09/2013 22:41:30
that non-spacesuited guy looks like he could be Roy Scheider, so I'm going to guess 2010: The Year We Make Contact.
Oh, so close! It's not 2010, but this movie is related to 2010 in some way. (nod)

Atelier

Ponch dude that looks like a weird ass flick

Eric

Quote from: Snarky on Wed 25/09/2013 22:41:30
I'm not going to imdb this since I'm probably wrong, but wasn't there a short-lived David Lynch TV show called something like Radioland Murders and in that same visual style?

On the Air. Wasn't as good as you might expect.

Ponch

Quote from: Atelier on Thu 26/09/2013 02:52:18
Ponch dude that looks like a weird ass flick
It's actually quite good. Sadly, it's a mostly forgotten sci-fi flick, but it has some solid performances and the look of the world is very believable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk