*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Quintaros

Is Beneath the Planet of the apes?

Don't know the connection between it and The Maltese Falcon.  Never seen either.

Jack

Looks like Erin Brockovich to me.

Ben X

Quote from: Quintaros on Sat 07/05/2016 23:37:17
Is Beneath the Planet of the apes?

Don't know the connection between it and The Maltese Falcon.  Never seen either.

No, not Beneath The Planet Of The Apes!

Mandle

It's "Battle For The Planet Of The Apes"

The connection is that that is John Huston, director of "The Maltese Falcon", under that makeup.

Mandle

I'm quite certain that this is right so I'm going to put up the next pic:

Ponch

Mandle

Quote from: Ponch on Mon 09/05/2016 02:09:21
AVGN The Movie?

WOW!!! You've seen it?!

(I'm a HUGE fan of James Rolfe!!!)

VERY well done...your turn!

Danvzare

Ah, AVGN The Movie.
That was a good movie (despite what some people may say), and I especially liked the review at the end. :-D

Ben X

You were correct with the Apes one, yes!

That shot of the AVGN movie, is that those rocks where they filmed that episode of Star Trek TOS and Bogus Journey later referenced?

Mandle

Quote from: Danvzare on Mon 09/05/2016 10:10:08
Ah, AVGN The Movie.
That was a good movie (despite what some people may say), and I especially liked the review at the end. :-D

I'd say the people who don't get the movie are not familiar with the AVGN style, or were just expecting a straight sci-fi story...

Also, yeah, the review is AWESOME!!! James purposely held off on ever doing a review of the ET game on the AVGN channel no matter how much the fans kept demanding it, but never said why...Until the movie came out...Sheer brilliance in foreplanning there as every fan in the movie theatre just went insane when he started doing the review at the end of the movie...

Ponch

I have an in-law who is a HUGE fan of the angry nerd. So I haven't so much "seen" the movie as "had it on the TV in the room I was sitting in." :=

However, the nerd's outfit is distinctive and Vasquez Rocks (which I've been to -- they're just outside of Los Angeles) made the connection in my brain. Those rocks have been in hundreds of movies and TV shows.

Anyhoo, it's good to be back in the movie clue business. Here is my picture, which is connected with the previous movie in some way.

Mandle

Children Of The Con?

(Hey....they must be in detention for something right?)

Ponch

nihilyst

Quintaros

Ponch

Joe Dirt it is! Your turn, Quintaros. :cheesy:

Danvzare

Aw damn, if I had been here a few hours earlier, I probably would've gotten that.
That wig is unmistakable!

Great film too. I should really watch it again.

Quintaros

I was about to forfeit my turn anyway so if you want to take it, Danvsare, go for it.

Danvzare

Quote from: Quintaros on Tue 10/05/2016 15:25:31
I was about to forfeit my turn anyway so if you want to take it, Danvsare, go for it.

Really? Are you sure?
Well, ok then.
Thanks! :-D

[imgzoom]http://orig05.deviantart.net/d4f9/f/2016/131/b/4/1st_picture_by_danvzare-da23rm8.png[/imgzoom]

EDIT:
A second picture to make it a bit easier.

[imgzoom]http://orig10.deviantart.net/ce2e/f/2016/133/2/9/2nd_picture_by_danvzare-da2bkzu.png[/imgzoom]

And here's a hint.
IMDb says the film was released in 2010, Rotten Tomatoes says the film was released in 2011.
Make of that what you will.

EDIT 2:
A third picture, since no one has even so much as made a guess yet.

[imgzoom]http://orig07.deviantart.net/b92b/f/2016/139/6/6/3rd_picture_by_danvzare-da305ic.png[/imgzoom]

Hopefully you can recognize that actor. ;)
Also, this film is quite bad in my opinion (and according to the critics).

Ponch

Hellboy? Pacific Rim? Blade 2? :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk