*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

I wanted to try something a little different this time.

I'll explain after somebody guesses it (nod)

Quintaros

Darth Mandarb

nihilyst

Snarky

That Pixar dinosaur movie?

Mandle

Danvzare

Darth Mandarb

One of these guesses is correct... but wrong!

Quintaros

Amayirot Akago

The Good Dinosaur? (going by Snarky's answer which might've been correct but he didn't give the full title)
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Snarky

Well that's just quibbling!

Darth Mandarb

It is The Good Dinosaur!

Quote from: Snarky on Tue 07/06/2016 14:44:10Well that's just quibbling!
Well you, technically, didn't guess the movie's title!

I am, however, willing to grant you the victory since you did know the movie (if not the actual title).

I'll let you and Amayirot Akago work it out :P

What I was hoping to try here was to use something CG that is damn near photo-realistic to see if people could tell it was "fake". Apparently it's still obvious. I was blown away by the realism of the nature/scenery in The Good Dinosaur.  Mind blowing really.
(I also flipped the image horizontally and played with the levels a bit to throw off any cheaters using google images' "back trace" feature (nod))

Okay, enough chatter.

NEXT!

Amayirot Akago

Heh, I'm cool with Snarky taking it, since he was first.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Quintaros

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Tue 07/06/2016 15:37:35
What I was hoping to try here was to use something CG that is damn near photo-realistic to see if people could tell it was "fake". Apparently it's still obvious. I was blown away by the realism of the nature/scenery in The Good Dinosaur.  Mind blowing really.
(I also flipped the image horizontally and played with the levels a bit to throw off any cheaters using google images' "back trace" feature (nod))

Well, I wouldn't say it was obvious.  I was certainly leaning towards a live action film. 

I think flipping the image and adjusting levels sort of constitutes "cheating" in itself.  I'd never heard of the image "back trace" feature but I would trust particpants to play fair in their guesses.

Darth Mandarb

I just thought, after 326 pages, I would try something new to add to the challenge! It was stagnating a bit **shrugs**

You can drag/drop any image into Google Images and it'll find similar images (or the same image) and it usually will tell you what it's from (or provide links to sites with the image that will tell you what it's from).

I have used it a few times in this thread when I just didn't know the answer (but didn't answer after finding out that way!).

Quintaros

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Tue 07/06/2016 15:52:28
I just thought, after 326 pages, I would try something new to add to the challenge! It was stagnating a bit **shrugs**

I have no issue with you selecting an animated film to mix it up just with the editing of the image. 

You can drag/drop any image into Google Images and it'll find similar images (or the same image) and it usually will tell you what it's from (or provide links to sites with the image that will tell you what it's from).

I have used it a few times in this thread when I just didn't know the answer (but didn't answer after finding out that way!).

Interesting.

Snarky

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Tue 07/06/2016 15:37:35

I wonder if the level manipulation made it seem less "real" so that it was easier to spot it as CG? I didn't think of it at first (I was thinking along the lines of Koyaanisqatsi or Baraka), but nihilyst mentioning Home made me realize it was a CG landscape, and then I recognized it.

Quote from: Quintaros on Tue 07/06/2016 15:46:19
I'd never heard of the image "back trace" feature but I would trust particpants to play fair in their guesses.

https://www.google.com/imghp (click on the camera icon or drag an image onto the search bar)
It can be a pretty useful feature. I usually test the screenshots I upload to make sure the answer at least doesn't pop up right at the top.

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Tue 07/06/2016 15:38:37
Heh, I'm cool with Snarky taking it, since he was first.

Cheers! Maybe you'll have this one?

Kumpel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk