*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Quintaros

I would never be so cruel as to not indicate that someone was very close if that were the case.

Snarky

Quintaros

I think I'm going to have to expediate this one with a cast photo:

Mandle

It's A Midnight Clear

Yeah, the cast photo made it pretty easy to track down. Although, is it just me or does Gary Sinese look weirdly photoshopped into the pic? Probably just a trick of the eye, but he seems to be strangely facing directly the camera for someone so far to the right of field.

Also... please tell me he dies in the movie, because then he could be one of Lt. Dan's ill-fated ancestors, and that would be awesome!

Anyways, continuing the theme, here's a slightly cropped one:

[IMGZOOM]http://i68.tinypic.com/25i1bi8.png[/imgzoom]

Quintaros

Gary Sinise's character is a pretty tightly wound so he looks a little unnatural amongst the others.  He does survive the war though.  It's probably my favourite war (anti-war) movie.

Danvzare

Mandle

Quote from: Danvzare on Mon 26/12/2016 15:50:14
Antman?

Not even close, but awesome guess nonetheless!

I will post another screenie soon.

Danvzare

Mandle

No, not Toys.

This one will probably make it much too easy, but Christmas is well and truly over now, so:

Spoiler

[close]

(Hidden due to ridiculous size)

Snarky

Mandle

Darth Mandarb

Mandle

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Wed 28/12/2016 13:43:49
Ahhh Gremlins!

Well done!

The first picture is where the gremlins have Gizmo tied to the railway tracks of the model train set (with Gizmo cropped out)
The second picture is the last scene in the movie where
Spoiler
the old chinese guy comes back and takes Gizmo away from them: "You are not ready."
[close]
On a side note: JESUS! Just LOOK at that beautiful matte painting! I could stare at that for just ages! It looks just like the dude is walking off into a Christmas card. Screw CGI!

Darth Mandarb

I really miss the days of matte painted backgrounds like that. I mean I love CG (and realism) but there was just something... magical... about those hand-painted scenes like that.

Here's a related (in a way) and timely (in a way) entry for the next round:

Danvzare

Ryan Timothy B

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Ryan Timoothy on Thu 29/12/2016 20:05:41The 'Burbs?

Related in that it's directed by Joe Dante (who also directed Gremlins) and timely in that it has Carrie Fisher (may the force be ever with her) in it.

I figured that was an easy[ish] one!

You're up Mr. Timoothy!

Ryan Timothy B

I thought it had looked like the scene where the Dr returns home. (Also didn't know Carrie Fisher was in it - been so long since I've seen this movie)

Here's to keep with the pre 21st century movies:

Snarky

Presumably American Beauty?

Ryan Timothy B

That was quick! It is indeed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk