*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

I almost thought it was some kind of trick... :-D

Back to this side of the century (though the story is not).

CaptainD

Not sure about the film but that looks weirdly like the Coventry City  home kit shirt from the mid 80s!

Haggis

One day Coventry City will rise again like a Phoenix.

Snarky

Not a football jersey, and not Coventry.

Danvzare

Snarky

Darth Mandarb

Is it Inherent Vice? I haven't seen it (it's on my list) but this just SCREAMS Paul Thomas Anderson. I thought of The Master instantly but didn't recognize the visuals.

Snarky

Well spotted! ;-D

It is indeed.

Highly recommend the movie. It's like a mix of Altman's The Long Goodbye, Chinatown, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, The Big Lebowski and A Scanner Darkly, while still bearing the characteristic marks of both Pynchon and Anderson.

Darth Mandarb

Here we go, startin' off 2017!

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Darth Mandarb

Darth Mandarb

Danvzare

Kumpel

Darth Mandarb

Ponch

Hmmm... Let's see. A man in a checked flannel shirt. A girl in a red t-shirt. A desolate location. Is this the Last of Us movie? :=

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Ponch on Wed 04/01/2017 20:31:25Is this the Last of Us movie?

YESSSSS!!!!

Oh wait... sadly, no. (wrong)

Instead of another screenshot I'll provide a clue.

Amayirot Akago was wrong, yes, but very close to the correct answer!

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Quintaros

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Quintaros on Thu 05/01/2017 14:00:19Into the Storm.

And we have a winner!

A surprisingly entertaining movie with great special effects.

If they would have avoided this horrible trend of "found footage" movies I think it would be even better /rant

On to the next!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk