Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Retro Wolf

Cool effects! Though at 12 seconds....they shoot ice sperm?!

Icey

Thanks dude, it's actually supposed to be like water shots or water bursts. I could have used like a tidal wave effect but I wanted to do some stuff that wasn't in a FF game.

miguel

Right in the end, we see the "hand" icon doing a Bruce Lee kind of taunt move...cool!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Icey

UPDATE July 19/13 

Well if that seems cool then maybe this will too, the battle system demo. 3 months and it's finally finished and ready to play, now I can finally move on to the rest of the game.

Download Beta

Icey

UPDATE July 31/13 

I a while ago I said I would basically elaborate on the stories of Mythical Gambit. Mythical Gambit is a series of 8 simple games that I wanna make. So in order to successfully do that I knew there were two things that had to be done. First up I had to finish this game up with a solid story that would "prelinked" to the 7 other games. Next I actually have to finish the game on time and release it in the bundle.
Those are my 2 goals for getting this series going and I'm sure I can do it. from aug 1st-8th I will talk a bit about each game according to the number of the date. (MG3 will be talked about on day 3)
Also, set of the battle backgrounds that will be in the Mythical Gambit game. I have one more to color when I get home and I'll add that later.

[imgzoom]https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/189501_606087866098194_157633036_n.jpg[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1004484_606087872764860_114896402_n.jpg[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534856_607036212670026_2034926570_n.jpg[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/943662_607036219336692_843985245_n.jpg[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/969779_607073309332983_1409613357_n.jpg[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1002136_607125489327765_1883375625_n.jpg[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/534830_607125502661097_589937507_n.jpg[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1001920_607450289295285_2014333244_n.jpg[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/602725_608051982568449_2034144704_n.jpg[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1000499_608528565854124_1427991177_n.jpg[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/971737_609007402472907_1805433361_n.jpg[/imgzoom]

Icey

UPDATE Augest 1/13 

Mythical Gambit 1

idea

Mythical Gambit 1, The protagonist of this story is named Champ. A year ago prior to the story, Champ and his mother was caught in a crash and it was then his life started to fade away slowly. He lost his mother to the car accident and was forced to live alone as he had no other family who was in town. What of his father? He father passed away to a rare illness when Champ was 2 years old. One day Champ came over his best friends Matt's house too hang for a while. It was there he met two of Matt's other friends, Jessie and Zachil.
Matt pulls out a Board Game he got from an old man he met at the store. The Board Game was called Mythical Gambit, it was Role playing game where each player must choose a piece to play as and one must sit out to be the games Dungeon master where he can conjure obstacles for the player with the draw of a Chaos Card. Matt decides to be the DM so he draws the one of the story cards from the a separate Deck. Soon after reading the cards he and his friends find themselves sucked into the game. Champ comes to find himself scattered from his friends but soon reunites with Jessie and Zachil, the trio are tasked with saving the world from a mysterious calamity known as the Mist. It's trying to engulf the world and release monsters upon the lands whom seek only destruction and death. The heroes of the light must find a way to banish the darkness and seek out their lost friends.

Plot

The world of MG is almost engulfed by Mist, the mist release powerful monsters into the lands of Senpah, anyone caught inside can say goodbye to the world. The Shogin Crystal used to emit a radiant light that would protect the world from the Mist but over the years that light started to fade away. The high elders heeded the ill fate of the crystal and they went away in search of the 8 gods who would return light to the crystal.

Champ was told he must seek out the evil castle hidden deep within the center of the mist. Champ had to defeat the brutes of mist who had crystal fragments in them. Once defeated Champ could fill these crystals with shogin light which in the end would disperse some of the nearby mist into nothing. Though monsters still walked the land, they were not as much of a problem since the mist gave them power.

Battle System

Gambits

Each MG game is a bit different from the last. In MG1 the games battle system focuses on Dice cast to determine the bonus effect on abilities. Pick a numbered card from a set pf 6, role the number get a bonus on your ability however, fail to role the number and you earn no bonus or you ability might fail depending on the type.

Mythic & items

Myths are the name for Magic in this game, Myths & items work the same way magic works in most other RPGs.

Gambit Points(GP)
is used to determine the number of times you can use a gambit. Each of the party members can have a total of 3 GP each. GP can be restored during battle or by sleeping at an inn.

Battle team

You can have a total of up to 3 members in your battle team at a time. While on a story level, the current battle team will be rewarded Bonus Battle Points(BBP) for killing a boss. The number BBP you get will be added to the each of the current 3 party members HP.

Icey

UPDATE Augest 2/13 

Mythical Gambit 2

Mythical Gambit 2, The protagonist of this story is named Anthony Garcia. A year ago prior to the story, Anthony's Father brought some drugs of some guy and seen he had to hurry up and get his youngest daughter to school. Instead of waiting, he took the drugs while he was driving. Everything was good until things got blurry and he felt dizzy. And then out of know where came a car which he ferociously swerved into and cause a major car accident. He killed a lady, a you boys mother to be exact. He was put in jail but worse he put his daughter in the hospital. She had went into a coma, Anthony stayed with his older brother Davis. One day, the two brothers went to the hospital to check in on there sister, however there still was no change, she had been in there for a year almost now.
When Anthony returned home his brother showed him a board game that he found in the hospital, said it was just sitting there so he took it. The Board Game was called Mythical Gambit, they sat down and checked out this unknown board game. However they were clueless. Davis accidentally knocked down one of the games cards on the floor. Anthony scolded Davis for his clumsiness. Davis picked up the card and read the small text on it. But from out of know where, darkness shot out of the gameboard and consumed the 2 within the game board.
The brothers find themselves atop a floating island in the sky, they try search for a way to get down when all of a sudden they are attacked by the islands inhabitants. As the two fight with these fight with these odd powers they've gotten from the game, Davis get's attack by one of the enemies and gets knocked off the island and he begins to fall to the land below. Anthony must now try to make it threw whatever obstacles that await him as he tries to find his brother and solves the upcoming task at hand

Icey

UPDATE Augest 3/13 

Mythical Gambit 3

idea

Dylan is young man who experiencing life problems. He's not the wealthiest boy in his neighborhood and worse his father is jail accused of selling drugs to man that caused a fatal car accident. Dylan wants to help bail his father out of jail as he knows his father is innocent. Dylan comes across the Mythical Gambit board gambit and ends up getting sucked into the world of the game. Dylan finds himself at the gate of a protection doom which was made to keep the walkers out. Dylan is saved by the one of the doomguards and is let inside the doom to keep out of harms way.

Icey

UPDATE Augest 4/13 

Mythical Gambit 4

idea

Taidio, lives in a remote orphanage. When he was younger he used to live with uncle and his grandfather who was a scientist who was working on a top secret project that would connect the other world to theirs. He did all his work and research in a closet he called Destiny which allowed no one to enter. However his grandfather mysteriously passed on and his uncle shortly after tried following up on his grandfather's past work. However the way he went about doing was by using humans as test subjects. One day he ran out of test subjects to use and turned to Taidio. Taidio on the other hand feared the idea and ran away. He ran so far into the woods he thought he was lost until he seen his grandfathers mansion. He ran in there to hide as he felt it was safer in there than out side. He entered a room and seen the door that had Destiny written on it. He opened the door and seen a long bring with a light at the end of the pathway. He entered but felt weird, like he was walking the path to another world.

Icey

UPDATE Augest 5/13 

Mythical Gambit 5

idea

Mary is old woman who lives alone, all her long life she used to have so many lively neighbors but now they've all either passed on or moved away to the big city. For a while now things have been really quiet except for the young college kids next door and their loud music. One night Mary got a ring on her door bell, however there was no one there and it was very dark outside which made it hard for her old eyes to see out there. Mary closed her door and proceeded back into the kitchen were she would enjoy her favorite tea. But on the table was some far from the expected. It was a board game that would take her to the other world, the world of MG.

I'm gonna add more details to each of these post I just have a lot to do in the day time.

Icey

UPDATE Augest 6/13 

Mythical Gambit 6

idea [quick ver]

Teddy bear gets sucked into the MG world and is transformed into a human, but now he has to save the world.

Icey

UPDATE Augest 8/13 

Mythical Gambit 7

idea [quick ver]

Tidal has found his way into the MG world and must find Water gods powers and locate the Light god and help him defeat the creator of the evil mist

Icey

UPDATE Augest 8/13 

Mythical Gambit 8 - Online -

idea [quick ver]

In MG8, the player is the main character, when the events of the fated board game are all wrapped up a new game is put into play, the game was introduced at a gaming expo. It would be used to introduce the MMO genre to the world however that all changed when the game turned out to be evil and it took every player in the expo right inside of the game world which turned out to be the world of MG. This MMO was a link similar to the one worked on by Taitio's uncle from MG4.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Wow, Icey, you've got alot of game to make there! I hope your still in love with the idea in 6yrs when your working part VIII  8-0

Icey

The plan is they're not all gonna be done at the same time, I can't be so ambitious about making something for the world or making something to that people will love. I got start from the first and work my way up and in time the way judging by the way I have everything planned out this will all work out good. However it alls comes down to how I handle the first game. I need to advertise, market and do all I can to get the first game out there because if I fail at that then I'm gonna have a hard time presenting the other ones.

But I have good faith in my plans and everything is going good so far so, so long as I can finish the first game for the upcoming backsale then everything should be a lot smoother afterwards.

I'm also gonna be seeking a lot of user feed back from each game however I have already anticipated the ups and downs, pros and cons, and the mixed reviews of each game which in turn would allow me to make the next game better than the last.

Also to Snarky if you so happen to see this, sorry if I made these last 8 post seem like bumps, I assure that they are not and that was the last one. I keep getting busy but I'm gonna try to update all 8 post asap before I go back to school. ;)

Icey

UPDATE Augest 10/13 

2 Battle screenshots from MG

selmiak

these 'hands' on the monster 8-0 8-)

Gilbert

They are not hands. They are boo... errr...bumps of meat on its chest.

Chicky

Icey, here's an idea. Have you thought about putting -everything- you've drawn over these past years into one single project? You could make an immensely expansive world, one that i'm sure the community would love to explore.

You have a unique art style which is consistent throughout your work, it's just a shame you feel the need to work on eight things at once. You may have to re-jig story and puzzle design but i think there's merit in the idea.

You could even call it Penultimate Pub Master Quest Gambit VII, if you wanted.

Icey

Well honestly have thought of that however something close to that is how I keep all my characters in the same world but in different locations and time periods. The world it self is not small but with each game I like to expand the world and show a few new locations at the same time. I wanted to make a game where the player would travel around the world but I had remember that the final map is not finished so there would be a sense of inconsistencies.

But as for the 8 games theres just no way I alone could do all 8 at the same time alone, even with a team it would be stupid cause people wouldnt enjoy them. My plan is this, make a game release take a break and let the game work itself out and start figuring out how I'm going to attack the next game and what i need for it. I want to take a break from pmq for the moment and work on something short and new. I have a lot of faith in the series and if all my planning comes true then this series will be great :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk