Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

WHAM

It's not "Cold Place" or "Very Cold Place", nor is it Syberia.

Here, have 2 more screenshots, this time showing more than just icebergs:

EDIT: I only now looked back on some of the earlier 150+ pages and noticed that the original idea of the thread was to showcase ADVENTURE games, though some previous games haven't exactly been that either. In any case, for fairness sake, I'll note that this game is NOT an adventure game.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

WHAM

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 20/09/2015 15:41:03
The Thing?

Nope. For the record, this game DOES have other environments than just snow, including deserts and swamps.
Also: It's a free game.

EDIT: I only now looked back on some of the earlier 150+ pages and noticed that the original idea of the thread was to showcase ADVENTURE games, though some previous games haven't exactly been that either. In any case, for fairness sake, I'll note that this game is NOT an adventure game.

Sorry.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

WHAM

Come on guys, give me some guesses! :D

It's a free-to-play FPS game available on steam.

Crimson Wizard

Hmmmm,... the last screenshot reminded me Unreal Tournament's "Onslaught" maps. But Unreal Tournament is not a free game.

Then it was like "deja vu" and I rememembered one multiplayer FPS game that WHAM mentioned a while ago, which reminded me UT too.

It was called Planetside :).

WHAM

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 22/09/2015 22:35:53
It was called Planetside :).

Planetside 2, to be precise, but do take the point. :D

Crimson Wizard

I cannot find anything interesting right now, I give my turn up.

Amayirot Akago

In that case, allow me to cut in. Or, prick in? :=
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Bulbapuck

Aww, you made it before me, I was really hoping to get a chance to post this:

But Amayirot Akago's image is the one to guess for, this will remain a delightful mystery. :grin:

Amayirot Akago

I'm not sure I'd even want to know :shocked:
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

CaptainD

Looks like one of those old SEGA CD titles.

Amayirot Akago

Well, I'll give you a free hint right off the bat, it's for PC.

Ben X

Bulbapuck's was Hot Throttle. Dunno Amayirot Akago's, so I'll guess Tex Murphy - Tesla Effect.

Amayirot Akago

No, the video's clearly too grainy for that.

Gribbler

Amayirot Akago

No, not that one either. I probably shoulda reckoned this would be a hard one, so to further narrow it down: the guy in the picture is a vampire.

CaptainD

Haven't played them but looks right for maybe one of the Elvira games?

Amayirot Akago

Nope, those weren't FMV.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk