Frodo

Giiiillllbbbbeeeerrrrtttt... it's your turn.   :wink:

Gilbert

Volcan

Gilbert

No.
Hehe. Got you tricked.

CaptainD

I feel like this is a background for a brawler. Rampage 2000 maybe?

Gilbert

No. It's not a brawler.
And you indeed control that plane.
And and that is indeed the plane in After Burner.
But the game is not After Burner.
And before you try to reply After Burner II, After Burner III, ABC (After Burner Climax) or whatever, no, it is not an iteration of the After Burner series.
It's also an official arcade game, not a fan game or an indie game.

Volcan

CaptainD

IIRC the plane is an F14 Tomcat, though no idea what other games use it - since the only similar style game I can think of right now is G-Loc, I'll guess that.

Gilbert

No. Not G-Loc or Sky Target. (G-Loc is sometimes considered to belong to the same (meta)series as After Burner, so it's definitely not it.)

More hints.
This is indeed another game developed by the same people who made After Burner in Sega (the AM2 division), so it is official.
And it's NOT a shooter game (so it's not Space Harrier, which was originally proposed as a fighter jet shooter and some of the console versions let you play as a (non F-14) jet).
And no, it's not a rhythm game either, so it's not one of those Hatsune Miku games (with the arcade version also developed by AM2 and has scenes ripped directly from ABC in one of the songs).

I'm reluctant to post another screenshot atm, as it would be dead giveaway (as long as you know this game, since it's a bit obscure among those 3-D coin-ops developed by AM2).

Will post another screenshot if still no one gets this in a while.

Volcan

An Outrun hack.

They replace the car with the plane.

Again, pure guessing.

(laugh)  (laugh)  (laugh)  (laugh)  (laugh)  (laugh)  (laugh)  (laugh)

Gilbert

Big hint: You have the genre right.
But it's not Outrun and it's not a hack.
This is what will really happen in the game.

abstauber

Is it Power Drift?

Gilbert

Quote from: abstauber on Wed 04/01/2023 12:01:23Is it Power Drift?

Yes!
Finally someone recognises it.
It's a (kart) racing game, and being able to control a F-14 on the street is no joke and not a hack:
(Hmmm. Seems that embedding YouTube video at specific time doesn't work for me. Just start at around 5:40.)
As long as your performance is good enough after selecting certain courses your kart will transform into this plane in the extra stage (and will transform into the bike from Hang On if you choose the other courses).

Your turn, Abstauber.

abstauber

I actually played this on MAME over 20 years ago, even though the emulation speed wasn't great at the time.

Anyway - anyone recognizes this?

abstauber

here's another one:

milkanannan

Hmm don't recognise either. Can you post a third screenshot?

abstauber

Sure:

This one's from MS-DOS, the ones before were from Amiga and Spectrum Next.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk