Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Atavismus

It looks like "Alien Incident".

Amayirot Akago

And that's a bingo for Atavismus! Go ahead, sir :)
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Atavismus

Ok thx Amayirot, let's go:

Amayirot Akago

I'm already drawing a blank ??? Mind giving a hint?
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Atavismus

It's a really nice short AGS game made by a friend in 2010.

Amayirot Akago

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1308/

I'll have to give this one a look sometime :) Somebody else take my turn in the meantime.

Danvzare

I'll gladly take that turn. :-D

This is THE most obscure game I know, that was released by a major company.
So good luck. You're going to need it.

Amayirot Akago

I do believe that is Zombi, the original Ubisoft game that served as the basis for the modern ZombiU (or just Zombi on other platforms).

Danvzare

Ooh, close. But no cigar.

Another screenshot for you.

Remember, this is the most obscure game I know of, that was made by a major company. This game doesn't even have a wikipedia article!
Although it does have a fan remake, surprisingly enough.

Amayirot Akago

Huh, I'll be damned. I was kinda wondering why the interface looked similar to Zombi but not quite right, figured it might've been a port or something. Guess I'll have to do some more research unless someone else beats me to the punch.

Danvzare

Another day, another hint. Although there's really not much else to show with the game... except this that is.

This is the title screen, just before the title text fades in at the top.

Cassiebsg

uhm...

Wolf wants you? (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Atavismus

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 01/04/2016 21:24:52
uhm...

Wolf wants you? (laugh)
:D

Well, maybe you can give us the machine? Atari ST maybe?

CaptainD

Quote from: Atavismus on Fri 01/04/2016 23:15:29
Well, maybe you can give us the machine? Atari ST maybe?

With those colours, I certainly hope not... I'd guess at Amstrad CPC personally.  Though I don't think knowing the screen is going to help me guess the game anyway! ;-D

Amayirot Akago

Got it. Danzvare wasn't kidding when he said this thing was obscure, it's not on Mobygames or Wikipedia. Nevertheless, a glance at Zombi's article on the CPC wiki revealed the title: Hurlement, which I'm guessing is meant to be an unofficial adapation of The Howling the same way Zombi was of Dawn Of The Dead.

Danvzare

And Amayirot Akago is correct.
The name of this Amstrad game is Hurlements. :-D

Your turn.

Amayirot Akago

[imgzoom]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57502026/obscure.png[/imgzoom]

Then here's another obscure title to puzzle you all.

Cassiebsg

Uhm... that was actually easy to find, not that I ever played it... but searching for "+game +puzzle +buldozer +ant" gave me:

Ant attack. (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 02/04/2016 11:47:19
Uhm... that was actually easy to find, not that I ever played it... but searching for "+game +puzzle +buldozer +ant" gave me:

Ant attack. (laugh)

Hmm... I seem to remember Ant Attack having an isometric view, though maybe not all ports were the same.

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 02/04/2016 12:47:51
Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 02/04/2016 11:47:19

Ant attack. (laugh)

Hmm... I seem to remember Ant Attack having an isometric view, though maybe not all ports were the same.
Cassiebsg is correct, you go next :) And this is a different Ant Attack from the classic C64/Spectrum game; this one's a shareware title for DOS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk