Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

janleht

Q*bert or Marble Madness?

AnasAbdin

The second screenshot looks a like goomba..
Super mario?

Mandle

Nobody has it yet so I'm going to compile everything into this post:

The two screenshots:

[IMGZOOM]http://i67.tinypic.com/2i7oi2d.png[/IMGZOOM]

[IMGZOOM]http://i68.tinypic.com/11wdbx1.png[/IMGZOOM]

The hints:

* In the first picture the darker colour is the background.

* I thought the colours in the two pics would be a huge hint.

* I (jokingly) mentioned twice that anyone who guessed it could be shamed for having got it.

Massive Hint:
Spoiler

What does "T and A" usually stand for?
[close]
(This hint is googleable in case somebody doesn't know what that stands for: It's the top search result.)

Giveaway Hint:
Spoiler

Whose happen to be those two colours?
[close]

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 10/10/2016 14:37:03
I know the pictures are only a small number of pixels, but those small pixel areas have been stared at by many for decades now, so I thought somebody would catch on.

Here's a more obvious version of that hint, which I honestly thought was getting too obvious so I scaled it back:
Spoiler

I know the pictures are only a small number of pixels, but those small pixel areas have been stared at ogled by many male players for two decades now, so I thought somebody would catch on.
[close]
If that doesn't tip anyone off then I will start posting other screenies, but I imagine this should do the trick...

CaptainD

Still no idea.  But I'm sure someone will put all the clues together.

Amayirot Akago

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH MYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD

It's Tomb Raider. To be more specific, Lara's T & A.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Mandle

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Tue 11/10/2016 14:56:21
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH MYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD

It's Tomb Raider. To be more specific, Lara's T & A.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!! It is Lara Croft's T & A from the original Tomb Raider, whose 20th anniversary is this year!

SHAME ON YOU!!! (Hehe...not really: I was expecting someone to get it much sooner, which I thought would have been funny to call them out on... Geez, buncha boyscouts around here...)

Over to you!

Danvzare

Ooooooooh, now I see it.

Still, the first result I got for T&A was a female wrestling duo who were represented by red and blue. And it's only now that I understand what you meant by it with regards to your screenshots. (laugh)

Cassiebsg

??? ??? ???
Never played. (roll)
Can we now get a full screen shoot of that soooo famouse screen?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 11/10/2016 17:02:55
??? ??? ???
Never played. (roll)
Can we now get a full screen shoot of that soooo famouse screen?

First picture was of Lara's triangular chest.

And the other of her rear end.

[imgzoom]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57502026/ketchup.png[/imgzoom]
Anyway, since we're ogling bodies, how about this? :=
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Adeel

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 11/10/2016 14:46:33
Spoiler

I know the pictures are only a small number of pixels, but those small pixel areas have been stared at ogled by many male players for two decades now, so I thought somebody would catch on.
[close]

Spoiler
You forgot Lesbians and Bisexual females, Mandle.
[close]

cat

Wow, I didn't remember the graphics being that ugly...

Are those triangular breasts really considered erotic? I'd imagine sex with Polygon-Lara to be more a Prince of Persia like experience with those spikes...

Cassiebsg

LOL, thought the same thing...
And honestly, guess I could have continued in all eternity trying to figure out a "popular game, with black background and a white corner"... (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 11/10/2016 20:27:11
And honestly, guess I could have continued in all eternity trying to figure out a "popular game, with black background and a white corner"... (roll)

Glad I'm not the only one! :-D

Gribbler

We're one step from one pixel guessing or "guess what game I'm thinking of?" :)

Danvzare

Quote from: cat on Tue 11/10/2016 19:56:08
Are those triangular breasts really considered erotic?
They once were, yes. (nod)
You've got to remember, all graphics back then looked that bad, so everyone sort of imagined it looking better than it actually was.
Like you said, even you didn't remember the graphics being that ugly.

Quote from: Gribbler on Wed 12/10/2016 10:10:36
We're one step from one pixel guessing or "guess what game I'm thinking of?" :)
More like half a step if you ask me. (laugh)

Amayirot Akago

[imgzoom]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57502026/ketchup.png[/imgzoom]
AHEM, anyone care to venture a guess? := Let's keep the thread going, please.

Mandle

Sorry everyone: I was trying for something a bit different and that I thought might have been worth a bit of a laugh about at the end of it...

Like most attempts at such an endeavor it did not work out and was not very much fun for most of the players...

This happens with both forum games and actual games all the time but, every now and then a true gem of an idea appears from something unlikely...

So: I have learnt my lesson with this attempt, but do not feel discouraged to keep trying.

At least from the OHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOODDDDDD I got from the winner I feel one person got some fun out of it.

Now on with the game!

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 12/10/2016 11:45:13
Sorry everyone: I was trying for something a bit different and that I thought might have been worth a bit of a laugh about at the end of it...

Like most attempts at such an endeavor it did not work out and was not very much fun for most of the players...
I found it fun. Just a bit too difficult. ;)

Hmm... is it Resident Evil?

Mandle

Left For Red Dead Redemption Space?

Amayirot Akago

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk