dayowlron

Quote from: Kweepa on Sun 23/02/2020 16:59:22
Spoiler
PLANS
[close]
Spoiler
'Old school' (2000?) phone keypad typing
[close]
Correct, could it have been solved without the clue, i wonder.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 24/02/2020 00:16:07
Nice one. I still don’t get the Putin reference though :-(

Spoiler
The joke answer "Putin's telephone number?" led to the code creator giving the hint "You're not far off", or something like that, which led to the solver thinking about telephones, I'm assuming.
[close]

milkanannan

Nice code! Definitely not ‘easy’ though.

dayowlron

got the idea from an old episode of NCIS where a guy was locked in a coffin and they recovered his phone and saw he seemed to enter a bunch of random numbers until one of them realized he wasn't just entering random numbers because he was losing air but was typing a text message
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

blur

I still don’t get the Putin reference though :-(
+7 is the international telephone prefix of the Russian Federation. I did not dare to dial it though, as what if it REALLY were Putin's telephone number?!

Stupot

Quote from: blur on Mon 24/02/2020 18:30:46
I still don’t get the Putin reference though :-(
+7 is the international telephone prefix of the Russian Federation. I did not dare to dial it though, as what if it REALLY were Putin's telephone number?!
Ahh. I wondered if it was because Putin in an anagram of input, which is a relevant word, coincidentally.

dayowlron

That would have really been funny if I had put: 788 844466. using the code i used that would be "PUTIN" lol

Mandle

Quote from: dayowlron on Tue 25/02/2020 20:58:34
That would have really been funny if I had put: 788 844466. using the code i used that would be "PUTIN" lol

And most likely is his actual number.

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Mandle

Quote from: Kweepa on Wed 26/02/2020 05:46:31
New puzzle:
SKAGIRNIAV

Well, for starters there are no
Spoiler
Country two-letter abbreviations of AV, nor is there an element indicated by AV on the table of elements. But I think the letters are paired somehow because there are ten in total.
[close]

Stupot

Is it:
Spoiler
ETATS
[close]

Kweepa

On the right tracks, both of you...
Spoiler
Stupot, I wondered why you had translated into French for a second. Of course it's not a coincidence... [é used to be es in French] But it needs to be more specific - Mandle is right too.
[close]

Stupot

Quote from: Kweepa on Wed 26/02/2020 15:18:16
On the right tracks, both of you...
Spoiler
Stupot, I wondered why you had translated into French for a second. Of course it's not a coincidence... [é used to be es in French] But it needs to be more specific - Mandle is right too.
[close]

Spoiler
My thinking was that it’s STATE but backwards. Because if you write the clue backwards you get VAINRIGAKS, which his made up of 5 US state codes (Virginia, Indiana, Rhode Island, Georgia, Kansas).
[close]

Kweepa

Spoiler
You are right about the states, but the backwards part was just to make it less obvious. See Mandle's post.
[close]

Stupot

Quote from: Kweepa on Thu 27/02/2020 14:53:28
Spoiler
You are right about the states, but the backwards part was just to make it less obvious. See Mandle's post.
[close]
Spoiler
STATE
[close]

Kweepa

Not there yet...
Spoiler
Like Mandle said, there are five states...
[close]

Mandle

Spoiler
TAPIR

(The first letter of each of the capital cities of each of the states Stupot discovered in the code.)
[close]

Kweepa

Success! :)
Yay teamwork!

Stupot

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 28/02/2020 05:22:01
Spoiler
TAPIR

(The first letter of each of the capital cities of each of the states Stupot discovered in the code.)
[close]
Damn, I even thought about this and did the research but decide that...
Spoiler
RIPAT is not a word haha
[close]

Well done Mandle.

Kweepa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk