Ponch is in trouble now

Started by jwalt, Tue 26/11/2013 01:01:48

Previous topic - Next topic

jwalt

Quote from: Ponch on Mon 23/06/2014 14:43:10
Are you afraid of eyebrows? Did an eyebrow bully you as a child? :=

I don't want to talk about it...

Truthfully, they're hard for me to do without messing up my meshes. If I subdivide, they also do strange things to me. Someone who knows what they're doing would probably have fewer problems, resulting in more eyebrows.

jwalt

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Mon 23/06/2014 15:02:15

Btw, you do realize that I'm from Pakistan not India? :wink:

I checked your profile when I was working on that Coloring Ball, but I just couldn't resist the New Delhi Deal alliteration, so I moved you. I'm a weak, weak man. I'll try to keep you in the right country in future endeavors.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Tabata

Quote from: jwalt on Mon 23/06/2014 16:39:11

(laugh)      (laugh)      (laugh)
I like eyebrows 'cause they can do very communicative expressions

… and guessing that you are not going for a Zak lookalike - I am all for the individual third version  :grin:

Adeel

Quote from: jwalt on Mon 23/06/2014 16:45:42
I checked your profile when I was working on that Coloring Ball, but I just couldn't resist the New Delhi Deal alliteration, so I moved you. I'm a weak, weak man. I'll try to keep you in the right country in future endeavors.

You're not a weak man. Not everyone has enough strength and might to mess with Ponch. :grin: Also, you're taking me wrong. I was not offended when you moved me to New Delhi. I loved it. :cheesy:

jwalt

Thought I might give Ponch a new hat to wear.

I still need the over-the-shoulder strap, and the lanyard, and a belt buckle. Oh, and the striped trousers. Then, what to do, eh...

PS When I went looking for images to base this on, I found some shots that make me think Adeel may have a part to play, even though it may involve moving him, again.

Cassiebsg

Sounds to me that Adeel enjoys traveling... ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

jwalt

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 24/06/2014 16:20:22
Sounds to me that Adeel enjoys traveling... ;)

Hope so. I intend to fit Adeel into something along these lines, with slightly different head gear

Caption this one: "Cudly Chewright, Royal Cownadian Mounted Police, reporting for duty, sir, eh."

Adeel

I rarely travel but that doesn't mean I don't like traveling!

Quote from: jwalt on Tue 24/06/2014 02:58:21
PS When I went looking for images to base this on, I found some shots that make me think Adeel may have a part to play, even though it may involve moving him, again.

Hey, does this really mean what I think it means? Will you be transporting me to pre-partition times and make me an Indian soldier serving for my British empire? :-D

PS: Jwalt: Nice animation. It's very smooth. I like it! You are improving with the passing days! (nod)

jwalt

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Tue 24/06/2014 19:38:48

Hey, does this really mean what I think it means? Will you be transporting me to pre-partition times and make me an Indian soldier serving for my British empire? :-D

It does, but keep in mind it's only an acting gig.  ;-)  I've got problems with your model. It got subdivided, somewhere along the way, and is doing all sorts of odd things. I'll probably have to redo the body.

I also seemed unable to synchronize the salutes. Needs work, and not meant to offend. Those images may date to the colonial period, but they looked more recent. Should have checked some of the links to fix the time frame for sure. Sorry about that.

Adeel

I've no problems traveling back to the past. Yes, it indeed looks a little awkward atm. But I'm quite pleased with the result you've obtained so far. Also, don't worry about offending me for I rarely get offended!

AFAIK, those images may be recent but the clothes' design definitely dates back to colonial period. So no worries there too. :)

PS: Keep up with the good work. Although I may not be as cool as Ponch but I'm try my best to improve my coolness with the passing days. :-D

Ponch

jwalt

I dug back through the chaos of that salvaged drive, and I did find a non-subdivided version of the body I was trying to use for Adeel. I also thought Tabata might like to see the rest of Mr. Eyebrows. So, I worked this up:

And I thought it might be worthwhile to post an 80x80, unretouched version of the model.

[imgzoom]http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o756/jwalt10705/smallEyebrowsBody_zps7580de2f.png[/imgzoom]

I still have problems with faces; they don't look nearly this good in the side view. Working on it.

Tabata

Quote from: jwalt on Thu 26/06/2014 02:26:45
I also thought Tabata might like to see the rest of Mr. Eyebrows.
Much better clothes than the original 
Spoiler
   :grin: (laugh) :grin: 
[close]

jwalt

Quote from: Tabata on Thu 26/06/2014 22:07:17
Much better clothes than the original 

Something like this?

It might be instructive, for me, to see what happens if I tried to get him to walk in this get-up. I'd have to weight paint it again. I may give it a try, but I will likely fail at it.

Edit:

Worked better than I expected. I still can't get the stuff to behave when I have a gal in a skirt take a seat. Reminds me of Carol Burnett's characters with those large hoop skirts; all will be revealed.

Ponch

The amazing technicolor dream coat, baby! :cool:

jwalt

I decided to take the dream coat for a RON walk in Anim8or.

I also wanted to try Anim8or's multiple camera option. Don't know if this proves anything, just sharing. Background is a RON asset.

Ponch

RON finally has the pimptastic mac daddy it has always needed! :=

Retro Wolf

So when are you going to make an AGS game jwalt? :)

jwalt

Quote from: Oldschool_Wolf on Fri 27/06/2014 10:02:10
So when are you going to make an AGS game jwalt? :)

I'm beginning to think I may be close to trying. In fact, I'm wondering if I may not have something that might work as a RoN game, of a sort. I was trying for a face along the lines of Blackwell's Durkin, but wound up with something that looked more like someone from another franchise. Mr. Eyebrows, with a change to the dream coat and suitable weapon, might work for someone chasing a replicant around RoN. And somebody, don't remember who, posted something about a RoN template, somewhere. Might work.

Wonder how Apu Adeel, would feel about taking a couple of shifts at the YahtzeeBrand store? Don't know, at the present time, how to work a wolf's head into the mix, but I'll keep thinking about it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk