The Explain your Forum Name here...thread.

Started by Tiki, Tue 14/09/2004 02:36:26

Previous topic - Next topic

TwinMoon

It's from a song by R.E.M.: Nightswimming.

I've always thought that to be a beautiful song, I used to sing along with it to train my singing voice and as a result I learned the lyrics to the song.
Now, as you may know, Micheal Stipe isn't the most lucid songwriter. There was one line which I didn't understand but struck a chord with me:

"I'm pining for the moon / and what if there were two / side by side in orbit / around the fairest sun."

An image kept orbiting around in my head (I've made an animation based on it which I use in my game as an intro screen)  and somehow the word twinmoon sounded good to me.

Fee

Blue

My nickname is Blue because I am a smurf...
..(Or at least that's what others tell me  ;D)

Anyway, about ten years ago, I needed to come up with a nickname for myself, and I ended up with BlueAngel (yeah I know it's a bit cheesy, but I was young hehe).
It stuck with me for many years though, and I even got myself a homepage with that name..

A few years ago I realized that perhaps I was too old now to go with that name, but instead of choosing a whole new name, I got rid of the angel part, and went by Blue.

Blue is of course my favourite colour, but I suppose that's obvious  ;)

S

Mine is simple, easy to remember and surprisingly available whenever I join new forums. It's also the first letter of my first name. My friends call me Sam, after my initials.

yukonhorror

Twin moons,

I dig.  That song is an awesome song.

As for me, my friend made this sticker with the big mean dude from the original doom game (the minotaur looking baddy with the huge gun on his arm ) and did some other stuff with it and titled it yukon horror.  He gave me the sticker, I put it on my wallet, and I have liked the name since. 

Ultra Magnus

SSH picked up on it in his blog, somewhat.

Step 1 - Being that I'm a G1 TransFormers fan, when signing up to a LazyTown forum I went with the name Ultra Magnus (being a rather lame pun on Magnús Scheving's name) and created the following to serve as my avatar.

Step 2 - Seeing as that is the name by which I am known within the LT community, I figured I should use it when referring to myself within the LazyTown game (demo) I made, for simplicity's sake.

Step 3 - Seeing as that is the name by which I refer to myself in the game, I figured I should also use it around this place, for simplicity's sake.

True story.
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bitchin', a total frickin' rock star from Mars.

The Awesome

Well, the legend goes that a young vigilante decided that he wished to be counted among the legions of the Mighty AGS forums. He had no name, at least, not until he purchased an Xbox 360, which demanded a unique code name for every individual. The young vigilante decided to go under the moniker of The Awesome, partly because he wanted people to think that even though he might suck at the games he played, he would just be an awesome dude to be around. And now he's here, typing this out, hoping someone might care.

Cirius

Cirius was born an lowly traveller on the Discworld MUD approximately 5 years ago. After a brief stint training to be an assassin, his life was tragically brought to an end by a mutated cabbage.

Revived several months later, Cirius returned as a homocidal wandering personality who had somehow achieved the ability to transfer between host bodies.

Tiring of his life in a stagnant short story, he took the advantage of his creators distracted mind to escape to first Operation Flashpoint, where he followed a successful career as a bullet magnet, and later to such star-flung realms as Homeworld and briefly EVE.

Dwelling more permanently within Second Life, Cirius continues his quest to actually stay alive for more than five minutes without having his life brought to an amusingly short end.

As an aside, through an intense knowledge of Dr Who, and an overwhelming fascination with rubbing two inventory items together, he inevitably found his way onto the AGS forums.

And that, brings us in a rather round about way, to here.

ElTipejoLoco

There once was a man named Pepe Juan. He was a pretty crazy guy.

He broke comics and doesn't afraid of anything.

In other words, my name just means The Crazy Guy in Spanish, slangified (in other words, using-made-up-words-that-make-sense-for-the-local-idiom-speakers) slightly for a touch of originality. At least, the "ejo" part of "Tipo", which stands for "Guy".

And I happened to have made an inside joke some time ago about a random omni-potent-like stereotypical Mexican (I think there's some rule where it's fine if you're a member of a race to make fun of your stereotype openly) that could do things such as reach out from one comic panel to punch a guy in the next, or end a comic early by removing the 'picture frame' of a panel, thus deleting the pun from the strip altogether, and so forth. Aside from the powers of messing with a comic's layout, Pepe Juan was pretty much used for every single aspect of my hypotheticals, anecdotes, and general ramblings. "I bet they have Pepe Juan working on killing psychopath clowns in the sewers", for example.

... Anyway. There. Back-story. Not exactly glamorous, but a story nonetheless.

Aulis

Aulis was Anne Frank's original pen name, and who better for a teenager to aspire to be like?

And it's a Classical City

And it's the species name for a lady bug - the las two I only worked out when I'd had the name for about a year!

Aulis
Think like a child

rock_chick

It's as obvious as it seems, I'm a chick and I like rock music. :)

PixelPerfect

Mine is the opposite. I'm far from perfect when it comes to pixels.

abstauber

Maybe time for explaining it until I forget it myself :P

Back in 1997, I've spent a lot of time in playing Duke3d *cough* even over LAN *cough*
And during one of those Duke-Nights, I was pretty good in getting a frag without doing much for it ;) One of the other players got a pesky about it, shouting "Ohh.. Abstauber..." everytime I got a frag. This was so annoying that I called myself Abstauber to make him shut up  ::)
Well, that worked but since then I've been stucked with this awful nick.

Abstauber could be translated as "opportunist" and verb would be "to scrounge sth." As I've registered here again, I chose my old nick in the hope that someone could remember me (as I've been around this place in 2000/2001)...

Anyhow a nick is just a name  ;)

revert

Quote from: kuroishin on Thu 20/09/2007 11:11:49
Kuroishin means, in Japanese, Black and New.
Since 7years ago I changed my life into a whole new thing, I liked Shin as a nick.

Then I discovered that my new life was black, so Kuroishin was better.

Shin

You are only an idiot

scalad

Mine is a combination of Little LADdie: who is my 5yr old guinea pig, SCAmpy my 7yr 4 month old cavalier king charles dog.

Technocrat

It's my surname spelt backwards - I found it has a nice sound to it, tends to confuse people, and is very rarely used by others!

Paper Carnival

I changed my user name to Paper Carnival because I've changed a lot since the times of my old nickname. I certainly don't want other people here associate me with that idiot := (because, apparently, whatever internet people think about me is very important ::))

What it means? Well, nothing in particular. It seems to be unique. It's inspired by a greek rock song called Paper Circus.

Matti

Uh, it's a long story I guess.

It all began years ago when lemons were the sweetest fruits available and onions were natural accessoires for a gentleman's belt. The internet was almost unknown back then. The few existing computers did weight several tons, had around 2 Megabyte RAM and cost around ten thousand dollars.

Well, I met a nice american WWII veteran who collaborated with and fought for the soviets. His friend, a soviet renegade who fought among the americans to destroy communism once and for all gave me a bomb I should use to destroy the only 'personal' computer available at that time. It was located in a factory where coal was made out of babies, just there to check if the kiddies were worth the amount of coal produced and to locate new day-care centers for new resources. Some hippies protested against that kind of industry. One of them was a nice guy who told me how to use PCs and what can be done with them. Well, he gave me a little bug in a box which was his most beloved pet, really. He said I should place the bug on the computer and let him do his work. The point was that the bug had a virus that would infect the PC. I considered that a silly rumor, but since I wanted to use neither the bomb of the american soviet nor the magic lotion this little fairy (I didn't told you about yet) gave me I agreed to take the little bug with me.

After I used needle on door_lock I was able to get inside the factory and get to the PC. It was a damn huge thingy with an even larger sign on it: M.A.T.T.I. I figured out that the only meaning could be: "Miscellaneous Accessoires To Tyrannize Infants".

I thought that it would be funny to use that as a nickname in the future when PCs are cheaper, smaller and have access to the internet. Ah, and I lost the bug fighting with employees who suddenly appeared and ran away without doing anything against the factory. Ah, well, whatever..

No, seriously, Matti is just my 2nd name.. ahem..

firefly

Because Butterfly soended wrong and I don't like Dragonflies much...

Bottom line, I like the idea of a flying bug and Firefly had the right ring to it  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk