The Game Idea Thread

Started by Oddysseus, Tue 11/12/2007 01:13:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

A sidescrolling platformer where you play as a piece of graffiti running across the city; it came to me thinking about how nice 3D engines do brick walls with all the nice bumps and crevices and slippery rain effects and how cool animated 2D graffiti art would look juxtaposed with it.

You could slide down drain pipes, dodge council cleaners, run onto the pavement to get to different walls and the way your character would fade and chip as he takes more damage would negate the need for a health-bar.

Wonkyth

"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Derrick Freeland

There's some footage in this video that would show what that might actually look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yphwzD1XaBY

Sweet idea, btw.

Cyrus

Perhaps a classic Lucas-styled adventure game based on "Dumb & Dumber" animated series? Guess it could end up pretty similar to "Ace Ventura" by 7th Level: a series of cartoonish comedy escapades and silly situations. There could be some really zany, wacky and crazy puzzles (in the vein of said Ace Ventura or perhaps even DOTT), red herring items, strange item combinations (like: "dog+ice cream=glowing dog" or "stuffed cat+glue+cotton candy=squirrel"), DOTT-like switches between two characters and specific humor. And it could even be episodic! (the format of the original series fits perfectly for this format)

Gabriel_Down

Not an idea, more of a yearning.

Since the movie was a joke I'd like too see an adventure game on Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" trilogy (or on a part of it anyway!)

Well I hope till I have children and they're 12yr old, someone makes this!

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Gabriel_Down on Fri 03/12/2010 14:05:43
Well I hope till I have children and they're 12yr old, someone makes this!

How old are you now?
Do you have a wife or GF?

Gabriel_Down

i'm late 20's and thank you but I'm not into devs.

Peder 🚀

lol, my point was to see how much time whoever would take on your challenge would have to make that game ;).
If you are single that would make it realistic to add more time than if you had a GF or a wife ;).

Gabriel_Down

heh well I have a gf but that doesn't matter really. if you make the game i'll marry you.

After all the main question is, can I have kids? Fertility, a sperm racing against time... trying to get to the womb, he meets bacteria (!) other sperms hmhmhm well there's a game idea. "Spermie the trouble"

*goes hiding in the shadows again*

Peder 🚀

lol

I haven't even read the books yet so if I WOULD make this game it would be many years from now :|.

Snarky

Watching people be idiots on The Walking Dead has made me wish for a strategy game like Settlers or Civilization set in the zombie apocalypse.

Survive the initial chaos, escape the disaster zone while dodging ghouls and crazed survivors, befriend others to join your gang of survivors. Travel to a safer place or stand your ground. Build defenses and warning systems. Send out raiding parties to forage for supplies, weapons and equipment. Provide shelter, food and water for your group. Maintain morale and defend against hostiles, living or undead. Flee fires, toxic spills and the air force's last-ditch carpet bombing campaigns. Resolve internal group conflicts and determine what limits still exist on acceptable behavior and use of violence. Grow food, and figure out how to protect it against other, starving survivors. Decide on a system of government for your colony. Establish links with other pockets of survivors. Begin the long work of reconsolidating civilization and purging the land of zombies.

I always liked strategy games like that where you have to keep a society alive against various threats. I think this scenario would offer a cool twist on the genre.

Wonkyth

I'm still hanging out for an adventure game based on Danger Mouse.
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Sslaxx

Quote from: wonkyth on Sat 04/12/2010 13:52:16
I'm still hanging out for an adventure game based on Danger Mouse.
Someone did a remake of an old Speccy DM adventure a few years back...
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

tzachs

Snarky, that's a great idea, I would definitely play this game!
Go on and make it, now!

Snake

Quote from: Snarky on Fri 03/12/2010 23:55:36
Watching people be idiots on The Walking Dead has made me wish for a strategy game like Settlers or Civilization set in the zombie apocalypse.

Survive the initial chaos, escape the disaster zone while dodging ghouls and crazed survivors, befriend others to join your gang of survivors. Travel to a safer place or stand your ground. Build defenses and warning systems. Send out raiding parties to forage for supplies, weapons and equipment. Provide shelter, food and water for your group. Maintain morale and defend against hostiles, living or undead. Flee fires, toxic spills and the air force's last-ditch carpet bombing campaigns. Resolve internal group conflicts and determine what limits still exist on acceptable behavior and use of violence. Grow food, and figure out how to protect it against other, starving survivors. Decide on a system of government for your colony. Establish links with other pockets of survivors. Begin the long work of reconsolidating civilization and purging the land of zombies.

I always liked strategy games like that where you have to keep a society alive against various threats. I think this scenario would offer a cool twist on the genre.

Wow, you are almost describing a new zombie game for PC I read about about a year ago that was in production. It revolved more so around survivors of the zombie apocolypse. There are zombies in the game that you must defend yourself against, but the main aspect of the game is you and the people you meet.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Cyrus

A horror game made in a non-typical visual style: for example, the CMI style or even the style of children's games like Spy Fox and Pink Panther.

Eggie

The first few episodes of RON remade as an RPG

I have procrastinating-from-Uni- fuelled artwork and everything :( Mika's still a work-in-progress

These characters are really quick to make, I just tweak the symbols a bit in flash and they can all use the same sets of animations for running and punching, then all I need to do is animate the special attacks. Davy throws a fireball and Elandra shoots a ray gun. It's adorable, you guys. I want this game to exist.

bicilotti

Quote from: EHCB on Thu 10/02/2011 14:42:51
The first few episodes of RON remade as an RPG
[...]
These characters are really quick to make, I just tweak the symbols a bit in flash and they can all use the same sets of animations for running and punching, then all I need to do is animate the special attacks. Davy throws a fireball and Elandra shoots a ray gun, it's adorable, you guys. I want this game to exist.

Lovely!

Cyrus

POST DELETED

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk