Adventure Game Studio Official

User reported issues for officially released versions of AGS

Bug Issue: Auto-(Re)Numbering of speech lines crashes the editor

Pages: [1]

Kumpel

• AGSer
  • On the way to break new ground...
« on: 24 Mar 2017, 23:01 »
I got the issue, that the AGS Editor is crashing while using the wizard for autonumbering speech lines in my game project. (Win 10)

This is how the crash very often and sometimes 2 or 3 times in a row happens, before it sucessfully computes:

• Starting the wizard from file->autonumber speech lines
  • Clicking Next
  • upper box is empty, lower box is crossed -> clicking Next
  • option: "only renumber XXX" (specific character with atm less than 600 speech lines); lower box is empty
  • Clicking finish -> Editor starts computing, the two windows pop up and right before the finish sound should be played the editor hangs and right of the editor window title the windows information "(not responding)" can be read.
  • Shutting down the editor via the X in the window or "close" via right mouse button on the task closes the editor if I confirm the shut down in the obligatory error window from windows, that asks me if I wanna shut down the program "Adventure Game Studio", that is not responding or if I want to wait (which I did one time for hours and nothing happened anymore)

other, maybe helpful informations:

• The issue happens always after the editor has saved the project, so no work is lost if it happens.
  • Usually I have two and sometimes even three AGS Studio projects open at the same time, but only the one that crashed shuts down.
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2017, 23:16 by Kumpel »

Issue updated by Kumpel
« Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 2017, 23:01 »
  • Version changed from Adventure Game Studio 3.4, AGS 3.4.0 to AGS 3.4.0

Crimson Wizard

• AGSer
« Reply #2 on: 25 Mar 2017, 00:01 »
Could you send me your project somehow?
Thing is that crash like that may depend on something that is not easy to diagnose. It is easier to just run it under debugger and see where in program code the crash occurs.

Crimson Wizard

• AGSer
« Reply #3 on: 25 Mar 2017, 22:22 »
Hm, alright, as an update, I was able to receive some kind of error once when repeating these steps, although I tried like 20 times. It ony happened after I -
1) opened 2 more random projects in different instances of AGS
2) saved the game right before doing autonumber.

However, when I tried to do same thing again for the second time, nothing happened.

The error I got was something like "Unhandled exception: Invalid operation", but I was unable to get the accurate point in program where it happened.
I will try to get it crash again.

Pages: [1]

Issue Details

• Reported
    24 Mar 2017, 23:01
  • Updated
    25 Mar 2017, 22:22
  • View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Bug
  • Status