Comic Contest - 8th 'til 22nd of September

Started by Eggie, Thu 08/09/2005 12:30:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

Okay, the theme for this weeks entries is...
Comics about pirates.

At least two characters must have beards.

That will be all the rules set. Draw your comics and post 'em up here.

Secret Fawful

OK, here's my entry. Guybrush and LeChuck are trademark of LucasArts. :P Adam the lion cub is a trademark and copyrighted by me. hehe Anyway here's my entry. :D

In case you can't read it it goes like this.

Gnome: Psst! Hey budy ya gots to help me! He's a psycho he's gonna crush me like he did the others. Just look!

Guybrush: Forget the adventure genre! Forget Sam and Max! Star Wars is teh ub3r pwn! Stop boycotting LucasArts and buy Star Wars now! It rulez all!

Lechuck Gnome: See what I mean... So will you help me?
(Next panel)

Gnome: Jerk...

Corey

really nice, only there are some senteses i cant read coz they are 2 small
Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

Secret Fawful

Yeh, well you see, Pixia resizes bad, also, whenever I leave it its original size, people complain cause its too big, but i resize it down about 100 by 100 and they say its too small so I dunno what to do. =/

Eggie

You could try typing the text over the image.
Nice to see an entry, by the way. Huzzah!

Secret Fawful

I did one better, I wrote the comics script above the comic in case someone can't see what they are saying. :D

Haddas

Secret Fawful

Squinky

I've wanted to enter these contest lately, but have forgotten how to color my art like I used to. Yeah, I'm serious, I just forgot how...

kec

I like meat.

IM NOT TEH SPAM

Here's a golden rule of life: never call your own work crap unless you're in desperate need of a self esteem boost  ;)

But seriously, it's funny.  Don't insult your work unless it deserves it (like that crappy sprite can I made a few days ago :))
APPARENTLY IM ON A "TROLLING SPREE"

TheYak

Yep, it's actually a kickass comic.  It just needs some line consistency and larger, more legible fonts but it has good characters and entertaining dialogue.

kec

I like meat.

Corey

Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

Bluke4x4

This probably doesn't count, but nonetheless,...

Eggie

Unlike some...for want of a better word, fascist, comic contest runners. I have nothing against shamlessly stealing copywritten images for humerous effect.
Unfortunately, the last time I let one of those things by me there was an uproar, that roar was, like, 1000 feet in the air so I'm afraid no, it doesn't count.

Bluke4x4

IM NOT TEH SPAM

Does the guy with the wheel in his pants have a beard?  I can't tell.
APPARENTLY IM ON A "TROLLING SPREE"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk