Sprite Jam Oct. 19-26

Started by big brother, Wed 19/10/2005 05:48:26

Previous topic - Next topic

big brother

Since the past few jams featured very specific topics, I thought I'd leave this one more open-ended. The topic is... (tears open envelope)

A WINNER

Interpret this word how you want. You can take the oportunity to be facetious and depict Leisure Suit Larry for example. I will determine the victor of this contest by (a) creativity and (b) technique.

Limitations:

Max Size: 125x125
Max Colors: 24

Go crazy!Ã, 
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

calacver

isn't losers more broad  ;D

scourge

heya :) 3x with 11 colours presenting 'A Winner' for obvious reasons ...

thanks mordalles, i'm working on it :)

krysis: i guess he does sort have hair guybrush's hair, he's also got a similar curl infront. But i did draw it from scratch with no reference, so i guess i must have somehow got guybrush's hair in the back of my head. o well.

Mordalles

wow, scourge! thats awesome! if you make a game with those graphics it could be the best agsgame eva. its just such a cool style. would work perfectly with an adventure game. come on, make a game.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Krysis

U can never cheat Death - she allways wins at the end. So, Death is the ultimate winner.

Ã,  Ã,  2x

Edit: I love that guy's Guybrush stylehair

Mordalles

it didnt come out as i wanted it. theres too many stuff troubling me like the arm and front leg. maybe ill work some more in it before the time is out. if i feel like it.
2x: colours: 10

this character just won a ferocious battle, and is therefore the winner of the battle. i couldnt come up with anything more creative.Ã,  :-[

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

IM NOT TEH SPAM

The answer to all of life's problems, and the ultimate winner in all situations.

I'll replace this entry if I have the time to make one, but for now this is my entry.
APPARENTLY IM ON A "TROLLING SPREE"

Nacho

Sorry... not a winner... THE WINNER.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Corey

wow that Armstrong sprite looks sweet, just hope i dont get that as a result when i google for Armstrong...
Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

Nacho

You'll probably find this.

big brother

I think we're on to something here. I'm happy with how each entry so far describes a different interpretation of the topic. Good stuff, guys! Keep them coming!

mozza

You rock Krysis! ;D I love your ideas!
Amazing work. :o

Babar

Excuse the bad anatomy. It's my first try without an anatomy base:

Guess who just one the chess match?
2x at 20 colours (I hope that is not a problem)

Oh yeah- the stuff in the corner translates to something like "That's the way it's done!". Sorry, I had to include it. Sort of like homage to my inspiration ;D

The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

big brother

Congratulations, Farlander, you're the winner! Great concept and solid pixeling (I especially like your color choice).

Krysis, very creative concept! You might want to use a greater difference in value between your shades for next time (it will give your piece better contrast).

Nacho

Weeeeh! I won! Thanks to the host and to the rest of competitors. Wins are not joyfull if the "rivals" don't push the winner to the limit, and this win has been joyfull indeed. I am learning a lot since I started to enter sprite jam trying to copy BB's entries, and working in improving my sprites for Comfy in CL with ProgZmax's and BB's help. Thanks to them and to those who are helping me and I can't recall now.

I'll start the new competition asap.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk