"...and all my objects have turned into bluuuue cuuuupppsss"

Started by Eggie, Sun 20/11/2005 13:44:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

Actually it's most of my sprites. They look fine in the editer then BAM! I run the game and  all the characters are just blue cups, running around the screen.
What's weirder, I imported a sprite over another and when I ran the game it came up with what the sprite used to be.
So instead of the title of my game, I got an inventory key.

Luckily, I haven't made much of the game yet and I could probably rebuild it pretty quickly with help of the script export feature.

But if there's a quick way to fixthis I'd like to know what it is.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Which version are you using? The latest beta? That may be related to that sprite corruption thingy that has been mentioned.

On another note, you're sure that, scriptwise, you're not changing sprites at runtime, yes?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Eggie

No. It's not a beta. It's AGS 2.70.
Just to see what happened I downloaded the latest beta, just to see what would happen, the same problems are still there.

I also looked through the script, if I've put something in my code to make the game do this then I honestly don't know what.

Looks like I'd better get started on re-building this. Good thing I gave up on trying to meet the MAGS deadline.

SSH

I fyou post your game up here, or PM someone like me or Ishmale, or Rui hen we can have a look and diagnose....

strazer

Yes, please don't delete your old files just yet. Try to upload them somewhere so we get to the bottom of this. Maybe it's even something in AGS that Chris can fix.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk