Sprite Jam! June 1th - 7th Winner inside!

Started by gameboy, Thu 01/06/2006 12:39:27

Previous topic - Next topic

gameboy

Sprite Jam
01.06-07.06

Topic: The Boss
For example, you may draw a guy who owns a company, the leader of a street gang, the president of a big country, whatever. As long as it is related to the topic.
Your 'boss' can be a real Big Boss, lousy wannabe, whatever. Male, female - as you like it. Rich or poor? Whatever you want.
So - go crazy, but follow the rules.:)

Rules:
Size: As you like it -- no restrictions here.
Colors: Not more than 16.

Bonus:
Originality - the more original sprite, the more better--
--and the sprite should be usable in an adventure game.

That's it. Enjoy the Jam! :)

Privateer Puddin'

24x67

Probably some stereotypical east european bond villian ¬¬

Ubel

Nice theme Gameboy! :D

46x81
16 colors (EDIT: Okay, I just counted and it seems there were only 14 colors instead of 16. Not that it changes anything. ) + transparency

He's the owner of some kind of a huge company thingy.

R4L

I like the topic Gameboy!  :)

3X:

This is the big boss?!!! :o

45 x 76
13 colors

buloght

2x

da bossÃ,  ;D I just had toÃ,  ;D . Inspired by Adrian Smith's orcboss drawing I have in a Warhammer book of his, though totally original drawing and style. 13 colours.

How to use in game?
- NPC: minimum requirement movement of boar's legs for a walk cycle, and adding a talk cycle and maybe idle
- cut scene cut scene

Grundislav

Not an entry for oh-so-many reasons, but I couldn't resist:

Clip

Here is my entry

2X

(15 colours)

He is a bit run-down businesman, whose company went to bankrupt.

Theeph

This is way not up to the quality here, and it's kinda cheating, because I was working on the first frame of my character's walk cycle anyway, and he's the boss of the cats in my (probably not) forthcoming game. But what the hey.

I think the text may have done some crazy antialiasing while I wasn't looking. Ignore it. I swear the kitty is only 7 colours.

Oh yeah - doesn't really show up there but his eye is scarred. The other one works ok, but silly me wanted to do the "walking left" cycle first. Sorry if it looks weird.

yarooze

Quote from: Clip on Sat 03/06/2006 08:57:20
He is a bit run-down businesman, whose company went to bankrupt.

Looks like Gorby.Ã,  :P It seems, that he washed his head and tryed once more with a smaller company, but same success - bankrupt...Ã,  hmmm... ???
My Blog

Mr_Frisby

tHE wORLDS bESTEST bOSS !!!

and yes i believe it would be possible to make a game with this character in it - don't make me prove it goddamit!

(p.s my avatar agrees with Theeph)
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Theeph

Quote from: Mr_Frisby on Sun 04/06/2006 01:12:23
(p.s my avatar agrees with Theeph)

Best avi EVAR!

EDIT - here's the finished walk cycle kitty.

Saberteeth

Here he is, the boss of the Kanji dojo:

Use in an adv. game:

• Easy to make an idle animation and a talking one, a little harder for a walking anim.
  • can be used as a static sprite eg. on a poster, on a wall etc...

100X100, 16cols including bg color.

Ali

I reckon I would have had a better chance of winning if I'd drawn her hot deputy.

Ah well..

Krysis

Grandpa Moses bossing his wild grandson. Needless to say that the grandson is the protagonist in the game.

gameboy

Okay, great entries, everyone!
Well, here's the lineup...

3rd place: Pablo

2nd place: Krysis

And the winner is...
...sir_gibberishbuloght!

Great entry, buloght!Ã,  :)

(Unfortunatly I had not enough time to make trophies. If you'd like, you can make your own)

buloght

Thanks gameboy! For me this was the most enjoyable sprite jam yet to participate in. Great entries everyone! I especially liked ali's.

I'll start a new one in a couple of hours.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk