Sprite Jam 22 - 28 June: Vampires Winner Announced!

Started by buloght, Wed 21/06/2006 19:07:20

Previous topic - Next topic

buloght

Topic: Vampires

Rules:
- create a vampire sprite (male or female)
- max colours: 32
- max size: 80x120

That's it, see you in a week, good luck and have fun!

Tuomas

(obviously I'll do a better one. and if I don't, consider this as a (disqualified) entry)(I'll let the (disqualified) part to you to decide)

Tomas

Since I was 20 minutes late with my entry for the caveman sprite jam I'll reuse it here then.

Behold. The vampire caveman.

EDIT: Update your caches!

Privateer Puddin'

This will probably get shot down for not being vampire enough.. but they are meant to be.. and the other things are meant to be bats :P Oh well

63x144 19 colours

Krysis

So after a few days away I'm back...

52x66 pixels
10 colours

Dracula! I remember he looked like this in the movie and it was so weird that I had to give it a try.

Mordalles

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

FZ

78x104, 12 + 1 colors

Two vampires posing. If two is aginst the rules, then ignore the other...
Anyways, I don't feel like it's really finished, but got tired & bored with it, so here you go.
(i might fix it later)

EDIT: I guess it's bit better now. Maybe not.
EDIT 2: Done.

sergiocornaga

I got the idea of a vampire caveman from Tomas' post, and went with it.

80x120, 16 colours including transparency.

Mad

careful, she bites!

80x120; 13 colours

Ali

It's one of those horrible accordian playing vampires we're always hearing about:

77x106 pixels, 13 colours including transparent.

Edit: I drew this on someone else's monitor, I now realise how dim and dark it is. He's ... uh ... standing in a shadow... yes, a shadow.

MashPotato

Love that accordion player! ^_^

Here's my entry:

She beckons you forward... will you resist?
Ã,  x2

59x116, 19 colours + transparency

Ishmael

I have an almost full backstory for this character already...

40x83, 15 colours + transparency
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

mätzyboy

This competition is going far to well in comparison to at least two others... To even things out I feel as a cross border entry is in place...

Not an entry for obvious reasons... ;D

buloght

Thanks for all the entries! Good work everyone. This was a very high standard challenge, the awesome entries made it so.

After some consideration I have decided upon the winners: (Actually I picked them randomly ... just kidding) If there were a fourth place I would give it to Mad.

3rd: Mordalles and Krysis
Jointly third I could not decide on which one of you should get it so I went with both. I thought both were great in their own style! You both receive the mysterious (sp) vampire hunter-with-his-crossbow bronze trophy (influenced by afflict's cool bronze colour)

2nd: Ali
The entry you made is worthy of many things! I liked the colours, it fits the character and his mood. It came very close to winning. You receive the silver mad-priest-avuant-all-vampires trophy (to join the goblin trophy you got from the inventor challenge).

1st: MashPotato
What can I say, I couldn't resist. Most awesome work. The golden vampire-tired-of-being-hunted-darn-these-stubborn-humans-that=cant-accept-im-immortal trophy is yours.

Thanks for a fun challenge!

MashPotato

Oh wow, thanks! (and a spiffy trophy, too ^_^)  This was a really high-quality jam with lots of great entries, I hope the next one will be as good!  I will start it... now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk