Sprite Jam 06/28-07/05: The Denizens of Candyland

Started by MashPotato, Wed 28/06/2006 16:30:24

Previous topic - Next topic

MashPotato

After the darkness of vampires, let's go to a slightly lighter topic--more specifically to a lighter place...

CANDYLAND!
[/b]

Draw some character sprites that would be at home in this wondrously delicious place... a muffin man, a gingerbread woman... anything that suits your sweet tooth ^_^

Max size: 100x100
Max colours: 24
Ends on July 5th, 12:00 EST

Steel Drummer

Nice topic! I'm entering..

7 colors.
I'm composing the music for this game:

Privateer Puddin'

it's a jolly rancher!

58 x 94, 23 colours

you see, he's a rancher, who's jolly, but also made out of the 5 original jolly rancher flavours (apple, blue raspberry, cherry, watermelon and grape)

..yeah, it sucks, oh well :D

Tomas

I couldn't come up with any good ideas so I did this. Not an original character and a photograph was used for reference. Did it just for fun. Might change my entry if I come up with a good idea. :)

70x90 pixels, 8 colors

Afflict

The Lolipop Witch is a legend among the gingerbread men. She has turned more gingerbread men into liqourice worms than you could possibly imagine! She nibbles on them and always has one handy...

100%

200%

This is my latest pixel work.

TIme about +/- 1H30 minutes..
12 colors

Edit: Stepped up my game :)

buloght

I have to try I guess ...

All is not well in Candyland, the chocolate bunnies are planning a revolution to stop the tyranny. More and more bunnies are left hollow and cheap with no regard to their feelings while others are baked and made with full tenderness and care, sometimes even with added chocolate chips and raisains. But the hollow bunnies will have no more, war is the only option now in the land of candy.

So the chocolate bunny knights are gathering their pumpkin helmets, sugar=cane lances, buckler sweets and lollipop maces, beware! 100x100 and 20 colours.

chocolate-armed-bunny knight

3x

Krysis

Oh, no! It's Rupupu, the evil gummi frog from the Sugar swamp! And he's melting.
70x60pixels, 7+1 colors
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/2823/gummifrog7lm.png

EDIT: I decided to try and improve my entry inspired by a pease of pixel art I recently saw... Here it is... RUPUPU Ver. 2.0

Ã,  3x

I hope it's good enough to compete with sir buloght's amasing bunny.Ã,  :P

The Ivy

Miss Kiss is punished karmically for her cannibalism.

Didn't think it'd be that morbid, eh? ;)

Afflict

This is a no brainer...

All our pics look 2d compared to that of buloght... I think I need a new entry.
Step up my game some more!

Damn you Choclate bunny now go play in the sun some...  ;D

Great Work Sir..

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Gingerbread men make a valiant attempt to escape from their natural predator...

THE COOKIE MONSTER!!

12 colors

and a 16 color version with a background

sergiocornaga

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/sergiocornaga/beany.gif

SOO CUUUTE

Edit: I discovered a flaw in the animation where the head doubles up, but nothing I do seems to get rid of it. Thankfully it's pretty hard to notice, and pretty easy to ignore.

Ali

I love the smell of transvesticism in the morning:

The Sugarplum Fairy.

TheYak

Does his master's bidding with a tinfoil-covered fist . . .

Darth Chocolate

(Thanks.. damned auto-AA Mac crap.  Fixed - Thank you GimpShop)

sergiocornaga

*Cough* 540 colours is a little over the max of 24, TheYak. Great image though, and it should look fine with less colours.

voh

Still here.

ildu

Wow, this is one of the most productive and inspiring Sprite Jams I've seen :D.

MashPotato

I agree, Ildu--this has certainly been a high-quality competition... DEAR GOD DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!

But choose I must, and it was definitely a difficult decision.  All entries had good points, whether it be in the art quality, background story, clever puns... or the oft-overlooked cuteness factor ^_^.

The top 3 I ended up choosing could easily switch places, and I don't think anyone would complain, because they are all excellent.  Here they are:

Ali receives the Chocolate Bar of Bronze! 

ProgZmax receives the Lollipops of Silver! 

Buloght receives the Gingerbread Man of Gold! 

and for all their hard work and great entries, all participants receive a handful of candy: 

Thanks for the terrific jam, everyone! ^_^

buloght

Thanks MashPotato! And for the great trophy too  :) I'll be hosting one soon ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk